What's On Your Current "I Want It!" List?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What are your thoughts on the Will Moon 10...???

In the past I have heard negative things about dealing with Will Moon as a custom maker. He says he is working on changing his currently less than stellar reputation so I am not sure about him at this point. Because when buying a custom knife you aren't just buying the knife you are buying the maker as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the past I have heard negative things about dealing with Will Moon as a custom maker. He says he is working on changing his currently less than stellar reputation so I am not sure about him at this point. Because when buying a custom knife you aren't just buying the knife you are buying the maker as well.

Makes sense but what about the product. There is a "10" in the classifieds right now. I might have the trade the OP is looking for. Not sure so I ask.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Makes sense but what about the product. There is a "10" in the classifieds right now. I might have the trade the OP is looking for. Not sure so I ask.

Based on the Moon knives I have handled in the past they seemed well built for sure, the one in the classifieds is a basic model that costs $675 straight from Moon, so if you dont like it recouping the cash should be easy. Based on my search of the BladeForums (almost 40x as big as INGO it is the place to buy and sell knives) the moon knives do not have issues selling for close to what they paid for them (if still in good condition). Only thing I would be worried about would be having warranty work done as well as the G10 pocket clip but that is just personal preference.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on the Moon knives I have handled in the past they seemed well built for sure, the one in the classifieds is a basic model that costs $675 straight from Moon, so if you dont like it recouping the cash should be easy. Based on my search of the BladeForums (almost 40x as big as INGO it is the place to buy and sell knives) the moon knives do not have issues selling for close to what they paid for them (if still in good condition). Only thing I would be worried about would be having warranty work done as well as the G10 pocket clip but that is just personal preference.

Thanks. I sent him a PM. We will see.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Waiting for the next batch of Microtech UTX 70s.

Brad, I'm waiting.

e1d4cf268d205ff30a492a50e5e3b7cdb4f08be8694075bffeb1b7be50b8fc62.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sounds like a total douche.

Correct, personally I would spend my $$ elsewhere but if you like the knife go for it, just don't expect any support from Moon if the knife has issues. If you want to get into customs I recommend spending some time on Bladeforums and the Usual Suspects Network to get a feel for what you like. Allot of more popular makers have years long waiting lists and sky high secondary market prices so allot of research is needed. If I were you I would look at the Marfione custom line (guy who owns Microtech) or the Mick Strider Performance Line for some good "semi-custom" knives in the generally sub $1K mark (though both makers can go way north of 1K)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Correct, personally I would spend my $$ elsewhere but if you like the knife go for it, just don't expect any support from Moon if the knife has issues. If you want to get into customs I recommend spending some time on Bladeforums and the Usual Suspects Network to get a feel for what you like. Allot of more popular makers have years long waiting lists and sky high secondary market prices so allot of research is needed. If I were you I would look at the Marfione custom line (guy who owns Microtech) or the Mick Strider Performance Line for some good "semi-custom" knives in the generally sub $1K mark (though both makers can go way north of 1K)

Yeah I was sneaking up on the higher water marks...:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just decided that we're all going to get Buck 110s, sell everything else, and move on with life.

You guys go first.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I just decided that we're all going to get Buck 110s, sell everything else, and move on with life.

You guys go first.

No no no, you know that would require a vote at the next knifeaholic anonymous meeting in order to hold any merit at all. I will see you next February 29th at the pre-determined meeting place that shall not be discussed per the by-laws.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No no no, you know that would require a vote at the next knifeaholic anonymous meeting in order to hold any merit at all. I will see you next February 29th at the pre-determined meeting place that shall not be discussed per the by-laws.

I here you guys right down the hall from the 1911 anonomouse meetings in the church basement.

Top Bottom