• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I saw a guy at the range the other day that had one of those steel mesh utility carts.

Similar to this: Sears.com

He had all sorts of crates, boxes and rifle cases piled on it. It saved him a lot of trips to the truck.

I usually leave most of my stuff in the vehicle so I can keep track of what I have on the line and just make more trips when I want to change firearms. Of course, I often have "porters" with me to help carry stuff. :)

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Today was 100 test loads of HS6 for 9mm and 100 test loads of AA5 for 9mm. Both 124gr and trying to work up a good load for a few different guns. And I had an AR lower assembly with me that a guy at work wanted to check out (first one assembled by me). Also had a tray for sorting brass as I fired it (to look at closer later), a Glock 17, a Glock 26, pen and paper. Ears were in the truck already. Other than the AR this is kinda typical for a range trip except I usually have a bottle if water and 3-4 guns and more ammo with me. And a snack or 2.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    iirc.......

- PPE: 2 Levels of Ear pro, Eye pro, Boots, Gloves
    - Sand Sock
    - Tactical Snacks: Clif Mojo bars
    - Water: My momma said, ma momma said, momma, momma said dat you need the H2O so you don't get da dehydration.
    - First Aid kit
    - Spare batteries: CR123, AAA
    - Allergy meds and Aspirin
    - Facial Tissues
    - Bandana
    - Monocular
    - Chem lights
    - Cleaning Kit: weapon/accessory specific tools, multi-tool, cleaning supplies (rods, patches, jags, boresnakes), solvent & lube
    - Target supplies: Pasters, markers, tape, staples, stapler
    - Flash light
    - Paracord (because you just never know)

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    My fiance bought me the large Midway USA Range bag for my birthday last year! This is great! Right now I have 10 Glock Magazines, 250 rounds of 9mm, 250 rounds of 40 S&W, 2 sets of ear protection, 2 sets of safety glasses, and my extra eye glasses.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yes, but sans sun umbrella. :lol

Actually, if you don't have a covered spot for shade that might not be a bad idea. Sure, people will point and laugh, but only until they get hot.

I use that cart for competition (and longer practice sessions). Typically, I get it gets laughs at the start of the day, but then a few hrs later those same people are trying to fit under the umbrella when the sun is baking down or it's raining (like in that picture). I have a rule: If you laugh, you don't get to use the umbrella!

In that photo there are 3 guys' worth of gun bags and a couple coolers.

-rvb

ps. I already had a bunch of basal-cell skin cancer cut off my face (honest, that's the only reason I'm so ugly) a few years ago (I was 30 at the time), so I try to protect myself from hrs in the sun.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    my range bag (for pistols) is a sweet lowepro camera bag with adjustable interior velcro pads.
    also on a side note: my wife surprised me with an awesome Glock "range kit".

RiverratMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Lewiston
    In addition to all of the above I carry small bags (sox work) for expended brass. Small flashlight. Ram rod for pushing out squibs, target patches (white and black tape). I can usually find good, usable bags cheap from Goodwill, etc. OK this a lot of stuff to haul around so I carry the items I only use occasionally in a separate, not caliber specific bag or box.

Top Bottom