• Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Didn't include photos to my last response:

8gNxLKV.jpg

CM9 + Pierce grip extension on the standard magazines. I also have two of the extended magazines that hold one extra round... For some reason I still prefer to carry one less round with the grip extension over the extended magazines. Don't know why.

9lKEnhL.jpg

I cut the holster down so I could get a good grip on it. I didn't think about how it'd feel having a stippled grip rubbing against me... I usually wear an undershirt, but not always. I found that the Hogue grip sleeve actually helps the grip even more and isn't really uncomfortable when wearing this rig without an undershirt between the holster and my side.

E4FCxr3.jpg

It works. Throw on a pair of jeans or shorts and a t-shirt and you're ready to go!

I need to clean off my desk... it's apparent I sometimes sit there and eat or drink coffee, but only in the bright light of a camera flash. :P

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know there are those out there that say "OH NO", not another one of these "whats in your holster" topics, but I do enjoy them. Guy on GlockTalk posted a pic of his rig, a pair of suspenders with a Desantis holster clipped onto the straps in the front, a "why didn't I think of that" type set up. I have to try it come winter time, and enjoy reading these threads and posts to see whats up out there. As I have posted before I have a G-27 in a kydex pocket holster, spare full size mag in a kydex carrier, mini cree light, and S&W extreme Opns knife on the other side.
    Works each day for me, and no body knows.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know there are those out there that say "OH NO", not another one of these "whats in your holster" topics, but I do enjoy them. Guy on GlockTalk posted a pic of his rig, a pair of suspenders with a Desantis holster clipped onto the straps in the front, a "why didn't I think of that" type set up. I have to try it come winter time, and enjoy reading these threads and posts to see whats up out there. As I have posted before I have a G-27 in a kydex pocket holster, spare full size mag in a kydex carrier, mini cree light, and S&W extreme Opns knife on the other side.
    Works each day for me, and no body knows.

I had started this thread because I looked at an old 'What's in your holster' thread and was surprised at how my carry routine changed in the years. It's interesting to see how folks evolve in their carry setup over time. Most of us go down a similar path of buying cheap guns with cheap holsters and after a number of years have begun to carry good guns in quality holsters and belts.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    XDS in .45, tucked in a N8^2 original. much comfort, very wow

How do you carry the N82 holster? I have one, and while it most certainly is very comfortable... it just doens't conceal that well for me. Unsure why. I like holsters with two clips instead of on, and I can only carry with that holster in the 1 or 2 o'clock position which isn't prefered, but there it conceals. In my preferred 2-3:30 position it doesn't sit as flush as I'd like.

Would be the PERFECT holster if they made them with two belt clips to hold them tighter to the body when carrying in places that isn't the flat of your front of back.

Bocock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Beech Grove
    CZ82 or Ruger SR22 in a DeSanties IWB cheapie holster. With in the next month I'm going to have kydex IWB holsters made for both of them. For the winter I have a kydex pancake for the Ruger and one for my Star Model B 1911 in 9mm.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    How do you carry the N82 holster? I have one, and while it most certainly is very comfortable... it just doens't conceal that well for me. Unsure why. I like holsters with two clips instead of on, and I can only carry with that holster in the 1 or 2 o'clock position which isn't prefered, but there it conceals. In my preferred 2-3:30 position it doesn't sit as flush as I'd like.

Would be the PERFECT holster if they made them with two belt clips to hold them tighter to the body when carrying in places that isn't the flat of your front of back.

I have 2 N82 "pro" model holsters that I use for EDC. I carry at the 3:30-4:00 position with no problems at all. Personally I love the 1 clip design of the holster, best IWB holster I've ever had. I've never had a single issue with the holster moving or getting out of position thanks to it's unique design.

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville

I'd lovvvveeeee it to have 2 clips instead of the one. I either carry it a the 1 or 2 o'clock or 5-6 o'clock depending if I'll be doing lots of sitting (1-2 so it doesn't print or my shirt comes up over my gun) (5-6 for standing, much more comfortable, less gun/man parts confrontation)

I'll prolly end up with another holster with 2 clips instead of one in the future, this holster IMO was a good place to start. It works just about everywhere, some places are more comfy than others. Like cemetery-man said, I've never had an issue with it moving, but I wouldn't mind it being tucked in a little closer to my waist.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Still a 1911 just different ones.

We will know that the end of times is upon us on the day you tell us you converted to anything that does not have '1911' in the name somewhere. There are some consistencies in the world that just anchor the rest of us to an acceptable level of sanity. CM carrying a 1911 is one of those.

Top Bottom