• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Sorry, I weigh 160lbs. Just regular Dr.Pepper for me.
    I do drink Bud Light...does that count???

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Diet A&W
    Diet caffeine free Pepsi

Gotta drink diet because of diabetes.
    Gotta drink caffeine free because of a heart arrythmia. Can be a real bear finding something to drink in restaurants.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Diet A&W
    Diet caffeine free Pepsi

Gotta drink caffeine free because of a heart arrythmia. Can be a real bear finding something to drink in restaurants.

I hear ya. My wife cannot have any caffeine at all since she's 8 months pregnant, which means no soda for her most places when we eat out. She loves it when we find a restaurant that offers caffeine free diet pepsi or coke.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Can't stand the taste of diet sweeteners, so I just drink club soda for zero calorie carbonation. Takes a little getting used to, but it grows on ya.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I hear ya. My wife cannot have any caffeine at all since she's 8 months pregnant, which means no soda for her most places when we eat out. She loves it when we find a restaurant that offers caffeine free diet pepsi or coke.

There's diet caffenine free MT Dew in cans

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Right there with ya Joe I'm a diabetic also, no insulin, only Actos and Metformin.

My preference for diet pop is Coke Zero because it does not have the horrible after taste and even though it is advertised as tasking like Coke, it is not, but at least it taste more like the real thing than Diet Coke.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Fresca, for a diet sody pop. Coffee mostly, both hot and iced. Water for work with one of those new flavor packets in it. Last company I worked with, the flavor packets were traded around like baseball cards, and everyone oohed and ahhed over a new flavor some one brought in to share.

Course, there's always 18 yr MacCallan's single malt for those special evenings...

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Right there with ya Joe I'm a diabetic also, no insulin, only Actos and Metformin.

My preference for diet pop is Coke Zero because it does not have the horrible after taste and even though it is advertised as tasking like Coke, it is not, but at least it taste more like the real thing than Diet Coke.

I figured you'd say Bud Light! :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

No meds for me, controlled with diet alone. The trick to that is I not only have to aggressively watch how many carbs I take in, I've also got to make sure I get enough, regularly. IOW, I gotta make sure I snack. Didn't do enough today. Got home from shooting a match, sat down, and got so dizzy I about fell out of my chair. Sugar was 75, but I start feeling crappy in the 70s. Was only diagnosed in Dec, so I'm still learning what I've got to do to deal with it properly. High sugar is never a problem, but I've got to be careful to manage wide swings, and letting it get low because I'm usually so careful not to take to much in.

Exercise, too. 1/2 hr - 1 hr a day will drop my counts a good 20 points, a good thing. Not to mention, it's helping me get the weight off.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I figured you'd say Bud Light! :dunno:

25 years of delivering beer and I've never drank a drop of any alcoholic product, used to be a can of Coke was the "Real Thing" for me, now it's Coke Zero.

No meds for me, controlled with diet alone. The trick to that is I not only have to aggressively watch how many carbs I take in, I've also got to make sure I get enough, regularly. IOW, I gotta make sure I snack. Didn't do enough today. Got home from shooting a match, sat down, and got so dizzy I about fell out of my chair. Sugar was 75, but I start feeling crappy in the 70s. Was only diagnosed in Dec, so I'm still learning what I've got to do to deal with it properly. High sugar is never a problem, but I've got to be careful to manage wide swings, and letting it get low because I'm usually so careful not to take to much in.

Exercise, too. 1/2 hr - 1 hr a day will drop my counts a good 20 points, a good thing. Not to mention, it's helping me get the weight off.

2 and a half years for me.
    ActoMet helps me out greatly because of my job, one of the drawbacks is I need a lot of carbs to throw the beer around all day, otherwise I fall flat on my face. I do best when my level runs in the 95-105 range and start getting shaky when I hit 85, can of Coke or a Snicker bar and I'm good to go.

Top Bottom