What would you tell your high school self?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Hey - You just described my Prom Date. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bingo. No matter where you go there you are. Take a different route and the results are the same just a diff. destination.

Well, that's one theory, but not really what I was saying.
    What you're saying mimics a possibility discussed with time travel.
    If you go back in time and kill Hitler, WWII and the holocaust would still happen. Major events remain the same as they are set in "nature" or "destiny". Only the players change.

In mine though, I'm saying, I am who I am because of what I've experienced, the bad just as much as the good.
    To change those experiences, then would change me.

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Wait just a minute......
    Did she have a wandering eye, walk with a limp and like to wear crotch-less panties with a whistle?

She didn't like wearing them but hey, it's not my fault they didn't serve enough food to get me full. As for the wandering eye, it was tough to tell from my vantage point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, that's one theory, but not really what I was saying.
    What you're saying mimics a possibility discussed with time travel.
    If you go back in time and kill Hitler, WWII and the holocaust would still happen. Major events remain the same as they are set in "nature" or "destiny". Only the players change.

In mine though, I'm saying, I am who I am because of what I've experienced, the bad just as much as the good.
    To change those experiences, then would change me.

And that is exactly what I said only in 1 sentence. Well, that was the intentions anyway.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That bottle of Jack would have short-circuited a lot of the crap I went through wrong (I know, ethanol C[SUB]2[/SUB]H[SUB]5[/SUB]OH is non conductive, but we're doing metaphor here). I wouldn't mind smacking a stranger in the back of the head, and at the time I would have listened.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    DON'T sell the 1963 Chevy II Nova SS convertible and buy 1972 Vega GT. Aarghh! What was I thinking! Ok so the Chevy had some rust -nothing a little bondo wouldn't fix. But the Vega? It melted away with rust.

I was so bummed I joined the Army - "be all you could be". Quit that gig after 26 years. Married the prettiest girl - been over 30 years with her..:D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Still not listening...

2hWf.gif

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    "Here's an extensive list of people that will not be worth your time and effort. Do not help them. Also, Sandy will not be a good decision either time. Buy Bitcoin on day one and sell at $17,000. Then liquidate everything and leave the rest wondering where you went. Ignore this advice at your own peril".

Top Bottom