• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hmmmm

All I can come up with is your friend, or anyone else who finds themselves in this exact situation, should first stop the bleeding from their nose and wipe away the tears. Then, CONTACT THE UNIVERSITY AND TRY TO GET A REFUND OF YOUR TUITION! IF YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO LOCK YOUR DOOR, YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO BENEFIT FROM ATTENDING COLLEGE!

Just kidding. You're probably not quite that stupid but you are pretty stupid!

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Does any thing that its a little messed up that we have to lock our doors even in the day and we are home.:dunno:

Yes. BUT, if someone walks in my house because the door was simply unlocked, I may have less of a defense (in the eyes of the law). However, if my doors are locked and someone forces their way in, then I have reason to fear for my life. It's not like they accidentally walked in the wrong house if they had to work to get inside by breaking a window, door, etc.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yes. BUT, if someone walks in my house because the door was simply unlocked, I may have less of a defense (in the eyes of the law). However, if my doors are locked and someone forces their way in, then I have reason to fear for my life. It's not like they accidentally walked in the wrong house if they had to work to get inside by breaking a window, door, etc.

This is the reason that I'm going to put up a simple 1 or 2 strand barbed wire fence around my whole property.

Anybody that really wants in can easily get over or under it...but I can guarantee they won't do it accidentally. It proves intent and knowledge of the fact that they are doing something they shouldn't be doing.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This is the reason that I'm going to put up a simple 1 or 2 strand barbed wire fence around my whole property.

Anybody that really wants in can easily get over or under it...but I can guarantee they won't do it accidentally. It proves intent and knowledge of the fact that they are doing something they shouldn't be doing.

I like your thinking. I'm going one step farther. A moat surrounding the property patrolled by sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads. I REALLY like my iPod.:laugh:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So, a random guy walks into a random apartment that is unlocked and walks right to an iPod, grabs it, and as he's walking out is then confronted by your friend who's promptly knocked the ef out?

Hmmm...either the robber has been there before, the story your friend told you is bs, or your friend let the guy walk around for a minute without doing anything.

I'm betting that butchy girl he screwed over came back, punched him in the face and took his iPod. His ego told you a different version of the story :D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Hmmm...either the robber has been there before, the story your friend told you is bs, or your friend let the guy walk around for a minute without doing anything. ...

Or the perp saw the valuables through an open window, which is why I asked earlier whether this happened during the day or night.

Window coverings (i.e. blinds, shades, shears, curtains, etc.) are you friend.

They impair the perp's ability to identify beforehand what he wants to steal, the victim he wants to assault, etc. (to say nothing of your general privacy).

Top Bottom