• What would you do?

• Total voters

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I picked up this MKII in trade earlier this year. Life is slowing down a bit and can give it the attention I had been planning on. I am going to send it to Ruger for a service check and reblue. I have been in contact with AllenM and he can do one of two things for me first. Somewhere along it's life someone modified the frame above the safety. Allen can either fill in where the metal had been removed and make it back as it were from the factory, or he can clean up what has been done so that it looks like it came from the factory that way. I currently leaning towards the latter option. What do you all think?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    send it to Ruger or you may end the lifetime warranty which would suck. They do a great job, at least so far for me, and my firearms have been returned to me in less than a week. I had a slide reblued on my LC9 as it was all scratched up sine it was the show gun. They made it look new for ZERO money and picked up shipping both ways.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Shoot it as is. Then you won't be doing any damage. The home done melt is for thumb comfort. If you really need to, do a cold blue at home and call it good. Shoot away!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I probably wouldn't do anything to it unless it's covered by warranty. The gun was probably in the $250 when new so I personally wouldn't put a bunch of money in it.

Top Bottom