What would you do? (This happened in Elkhart)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I didn't watch video. Just went by comments of a ghetto person bustin up in someone's house to beat them down

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If this were to of happened here. I would of kept the screen door closed, had the wife call the police,and as soon as they step one foot over that threshold. They would of been talking to the business end of a 3rd Gen 4506 Smith and Wesson and it does not like to lose.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would call the police and let them take care of it while drinking a ice cold tea with my firearm on my hip. Let them break the screen door and holler. The police can take care of that. If they break in, well I'm not too worried as I'm always armed at home too and will not hesitate to defend my castle.
    I tried that. It didn't work. It's still working its way through the courts.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I definitely wouldn't escalate the situation or open the door. I only open my door to friends and family THAT I TRUST. The rest of the time everything is locked with protection on me.

I would call the cops, let them handle it. If the BG(s) force in before the cops get there and intend bodily harm, I would stop the threat.

grand champ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Classic case of kids having kids,no respect,no manners,on mothers day none the less. Enter my home,I'm pulling my gun,attack my mother,its definitely gonna escalate quick. Outrageous video

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    First thing is I would have closed the door and not argued. I would definitely avoid the phrase, "I wish you would." When someone is outside my house throwing insults and myself and my family are inside, the solution is simple...close and lock the doors and windows.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    If people are near your front door and you feel like an illegal entry might take place, for ****'s sake, DO NOT SAY "I WISH YOU WOULD COME IN MY HOUSE"

That part was just plain dumb, and it makes a BIG difference legally.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Just close the door and dont instigate it further...Everyone acted stupid....except the kids protecting their Mom... until the end...STAY INSIDE..SHUT THE DOOR...Call the police!

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw something like this growing up. Then I wouldn't have to work in the ER.

But seriously, as it was stated before, just wait till the gov'mnt money dries up.

The best thing to do is stand quietly, inside, door locked, gun present, with you or a family member calling the cops.

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I don't think I would have thrown my only weapon out the door after the fight was over.

This would have been a great time to use pepper spray. Deffinetly for the 2 young people in the house. I think everyone should have pepper spray. It is the best non lethal option for the price and it works. Sometimes only having a gun can put you in a crappy situation.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    Ok bottom line is this close the door call the cops sounds good in theory , how many times have you heard when seconds count police are only minutes away? That was plain and simple pack mentality and unfortunately closing the door and waiting for the cops will be seen as weakness by predatory animals. Yes the cops would come and take a report and come back out at 2am when the pack is back at it. You show weakness to an animal you have already lost. still don't agree with only having a shovel for home defense.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    All involved looked to have made bad life decisions. But ordering someone off your property would sit better with responding officers/jury than "I wish you would..." which has the potential to be contorted into an invitation.

I agree with the consensus: choosing to be part of a more sophisticated social group would have obviated this situation entirely. And in the event of trouble, arm yourself to protect your family and share the information with a police dispatcher concurrently or as soon as possible.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Looks like a trip to the zoo went horribly wrong, you know like when all the little monkies get all pissed off and start acting like , well . MONKIES! I think a good amount of shoutgun therapy would have solved a lot of problems that day!

Top Bottom