What would you do if the "knockout game" came knocking ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First of all calling it a game make it sounds like it's all.. well, fun and games.
    To me that's assault with deadly intent (I heard some people died that way) so I dont care if this person is attacking me "for fun" or to take my wallet or even just to kill me.
    If someone is attacking you, or someone who's with you, with intent to cause serious bodily harm your response you shouldn't worry if that person is a teenager doing it for fun or not.
    Someone is trying to hurt/kill you? Well do whatever you have to do to save your life.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I like him^^^^^^ can we keep him?

Fine, but he's YOUR responsibility.
    YOU feed him, clean up after him, walk him...

First sign that you're shirking your responsibility and BACK he goes! Do we understand each other?
    Now wipe your feet. Close that door, were you born in a barn? Turn off that light, I'm not the electric company. The floor is not a closet...hang that coat up.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I think I would take the punch and then prepare myself for any follow up blows. That's if I'm alone. If my family is there then the gun comes out. Statistically, I like my chances to survive a fist fight vs. the legal consequences of shooting. I know that won't be a popular answer on a gun forum, but you have to make your own decisions.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I would hope my situational awareness would be good enough to prevent a full knock out. I have some experience in MMA and I would like to think I could get a shoulder up and some chin tuck in to limit the damage. Ater that he's probably getting some ESEE Izula in his digestive track if I still have my wits about me.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

First sign that you're shirking your responsibility and BACK he goes! Do we understand each other?
    Now wipe your feet. Close that door, were you born in a barn? Turn off that light, I'm not the electric company. The floor is not a closet...hang that coat up.

are you sure your not my sister?......that all sounds very familiar?.....my dad would have been 81 in January....

someone blinds sides me and if i pop up quick enough the lead will fly!!!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

AAaaahhhhhhhh.....:runaway:

I thought my mom was after me again.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never been a "participant" in the knock out game but I have been a victim of a mugging. Late at night in an Industrial parking lot. Not a single person visable, no talking or sounds other than sounds from the road and the factory. Rounded the corner of the building and came face to face with a couple of guys blocking my path. A couple of seconds later I was hit from behind with a club. I remember throwing a few punches and remember being on the ground getting my ribs and face kicked. Woke up to an employee of the firm checking on me, and in lots of pain, unable to breathe. Even if I had my pistol in my hand I am not sure that I would have be the victor. Four or more thugs on one man is pretty tough odds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have never been a "participant" in the knock out game but I have been a victim of a mugging. Late at night in an Industrial parking lot. Not a single person visable, no talking or sounds other than sounds from the road and the factory. Rounded the corner of the building and came face to face with a couple of guys blocking my path. A couple of seconds later I was hit from behind with a club. I remember throwing a few punches and remember being on the ground getting my ribs and face kicked. Woke up to an employee of the firm checking on me, and in lots of pain, unable to breathe. Even if I had my pistol in my hand I am not sure that I would have be the victor.

Perfect example of a surprise attack with no defense available. If you would have had your side arm they would now have it and may have shot you with it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Four or more thugs on one man is pretty tough odds.

Very good example why carrying a gun is not the end-all, be-all of self defense. Even with good situational awareness, training, equipment, etc., there is no guarantee you will come out on top. A firearm (with the other items), simply improves your odds.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

Ok,ok, jeez, since you put it that way. I'll just flush him down the toilet like I did the others. And that's not my coat! It's churchmouse's! I get blamed for everything!

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    IMHO, carrying a firearm is only part of being "armed". Situational awareness, being able to physically supress an attack and physical fitness is just as important as what new blaster to buy. So much focus is placed on sights, triggers, bullet weight, etc. Yet grappling, hand to hand, disarming, strength training, cardio fitness, situational awareness etc. get very little attention. Ive been to several advanced pistol classes where Ive witnessed individuals with the nice, tricked out pistol and cant get through half the class due to fatigue. IMO, if you allow someone to get in your space like that, you kinda got whats coming to ya.

Top Bottom