What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Feinstein in CA is pushing for a new AWB with no grandfathering provision. Granted that it's hard to fathom the government turning millions of American gun owners into felons with the strike of a pen, I would not at all be surprised to see this happen.

Now it would be largely impractical for them to go door to door checking your weapons. They would just make the law so that if you are caught outside your house with it like at the range or using it for self-defense, you would be considered a criminal.

So supposing you had a firearm, ammunition, or magazine in your possession that was suddenly a Federal crime to have in your household, what would you do?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Welcome to INGO.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Constitution of these United States of America.

No ex-post-facto law or bill of attainder shall ever be passed.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Welcome to INGO.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Constitution of these United States of America.

No ex-post-facto law or bill of attainder shall ever be passed.

1128140_700b.jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    *stupid safe sinking game I took part in*
    I lost all of mine in that silly game of "My safe will sink faster then your safe".
    I heard recently there were no winners. I am appealing that ruling.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Feinstein in CA is pushing for a new AWB with no grandfathering provision. Granted that it's hard to fathom the government turning millions of American gun owners into felons with the strike of a pen, I would not at all be surprised to see this happen.

Now it would be largely impractical for them to go door to door checking your weapons. They would just make the law so that if you are caught outside your house with it like at the range or using it for self-defense, you would be considered a criminal.

So supposing you had a firearm, ammunition, or magazine in your possession that was suddenly a Federal crime to have in your household, what would you do?

Thats not the way I read it..

Here's a Quote from the link below..

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."

Still a bad thing.. Let's just hope it gets defeated..

Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Cue the "unfortunate boating accidents" in which INGO members lose all their guns, without any evidence to the contrary and never to be heard from again!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom