• ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Play along
    You have just heard from a good friend high up in government that the Obama administration has passed an executive order to take effect one month from the current date. This information is not yet public. The order will:

Ban the manufacture of new firearms in the U.S. and ban imports.
    Ban the sale of new firearms in the U.S.
    Ban the sale and manufacture of magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds.
    Muzzleloaders are exempt (as they are not firearms)

You have $10,000 USD to buy new firearms within 1 week of the current date because that's when the information goes public. I don't want to here what you are going to do or how mad you are. I just want to know what are you going to buy?

Note parts and ammunition can be sold even after the ban passes. Receivers, frames, and mags cannot be manufactured or sold.

You only have $10,000 that is IT! No more no way. What are you going to get?

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i would buy all the high capacity magazines i could.along with ammo.then sell it all under the table!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Wow lets see..... I would buys with 2 ideas in mind. either future investment as the price would skyrocket or to arm my friend and family for self defense from any threatning force.

5000$ = 10 WASRs + accessories and cases
    1000 = 1 arsenal for me!
    1000 = and 100 30rd mags
    1200 = 12 75rd drums
    800 = 8 AR recievers for future builds.
    500 = 50 AR mags
    500 = pistol mags

Hard list

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    M1A, Build a "retro" AR, M&P. The rest goes to mags and ammo/reloading supplies because I agree; they won't be far behind.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Making the assumption that nobody else knows this so prices have not yet inflated... I'd get a B.A.R. They run around $10,000 and you can find deals on them from time to time. There is just something about that weapon!

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I would likely pick up 2 lever actions and 2 revolvers in .357 (same makes on both for spares) and reloading press/supplies and even more ammo and an air tight vault buried secretly off property. IF congress were able to not only pass this bill but also get it past the supreme court for its infringement of our constitutional rights then there is no doubt in my mind that the government would waste no time in visiting the homes of every permit carrying person with rights to search and seize. You would need to secure weapons in a site unlikely to be disturbed or searched and in a manner that will ensure all items are intact and operational. A recapturing of our government would be necessary to wrangle it from tyranny. In this case the president would have little to do with the situation other than being a figurehead. The legislative branch holds far more power. :) As a good second, I would probably go for a reliable 308.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    50cal bolt, 50cal mounted, M249, USO for my 308 with plenty of ammo for all, C-4 from the lowest bidder Some good HAM equipt Gasoline Storage and Fuel.

I know most of that isn't in the gun ban, but if there is a gun ban might as well prepare for a revolution.

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    4 AR 15 Lower receiver assemblies.
    1 Bushmaster SSASS
    2 Additional 9mm handguns
    2 Machetes
    1 trenching tool
    Ammo and mags for the above, plus the arms I already have.
    1 Oil stone for sharpening the knives.
    1 Decent rain suit to keep most of the blood off my clothes.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    An "Executive Order" doesn't require Congressional approval. It's a fiat, plain and simple. While I'm fuzzy on the details as to exactly what circumstances and conditions apply to its use (it's been a heckuva long while since HS Civics) I'm reasonably certain that some "Clear and Present Danger" type of National Emergency would need to be conjured up and declared first. Otherwise, no POTUS has the slightest Constitutional authority to issue such an edict, much less the legal means to enforce it.

On the other hand, if you do a little Googling on subjects like "Right Wing Exremism, April 7,2009", "Missouri The Modern Militia Movement" and Michelle Malkin's atricle entitled "Obama DHS Hit Job on Conservatives" it doesn't take too much imagination or a penchant for tin foil hats to wonder if something's brewing.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would get at least 3-4 cases of 7.62x39, and some more mags. Next would be an M4, extra mags and 2-3 cases of 5.56. Extra mags for my Xd .40, and my M9. At least 2-3 cases of each 9mm and .40. I then would also get a nice bolt action .308, with at least 1-2 cases of ammo. I would then get water, food, etc. Because if things are that bad, then sigthtf. Oh yes lets not forget more shotgun loads :yesway:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    10k worth of AR receivers. Hold em for a few months and make a 500-1000% return. :D

Then go buy a Class III M60 (you will always be able to buy a machine gun, you just have to look). :D

Top Bottom