What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I might be salt that does them in. Read somewhere that salt is rare in space...

alien-nation-tv-series-1254131-1280x0.jpeg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Once again, humanity displays an absurd amount of hubris. As if we could begin to have any chance to defend ourselves against an alien species that has developed interstellar travel.

If they desire our destruction it would probably be so far beyond the concept of nuking cavemen from orbit that scarcely no one can imagine it.

Then again, they might just steer in an asteroid or two.

Chemistry, biology, physics, materials sciences, things that they have knowledge of that we do not. That's why we aren't a species capable of interstellar travel and they are.

Hope and pray that benevolence is what is required for lifeforms to reach such a technological level.
    I've long been convinced that the beings jacking with humankind for thousands of years are inter-dimensional and not all good guys.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Our government tells us that there is no evidence that the phenomenon witnessed by Navy pilots is linked to extraterrestrial life.

So, our government would rather have us believe that the Russians or the Chinese have developed technologies unknown to the US that allow their aircraft to penetrate US airspace at-will and outperform any aircraft in our inventory?

That's comforting.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If there is "intelligent" life out there why would it ever expose itself to us? We've destroyed how many species native to this planet so WHY would any alien life force even bother with us?

Probably surveyors deciding how best to utilize the resources that are left once we've killed each other off.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Vallee's books tell the unvarnished truth with minimal slant.
    First found "The Invisible College" at a used book store next door to a laundromat I used in the early 70's. Took me years to grok that one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've long been convinced that the beings jacking with humankind for thousands of years are inter-dimensional and not all good guys.
    To us, they’d be the bad guys, but they might think they are the good guys. At least on our planet, what happened when a vastly technologically superior civilization encountered the inferior one?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Some interdimensional beings are good and some are bad. And sometimes whether you think they are good or bad depends on which side you're on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some interdimensional beings are good and some are bad. And sometimes whether you think they are good or bad depends on which side you're on.
    False dichotomy. There's a spectrum in between, such as understanding that these things are completely untestable and thus are not really worth speculating about.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When something flies around and we don't know what it is...
    Some people want to call it extraterrestrial even though they have no evidence to support that.
    Some people want to call it Russian or Chinese even though they have no evidence to support that.
    So far nobody wants to call it Jamaican even though there is the identical lack of evidence to support that.

What is wrong with the truth - we don't know what the **** it is.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I've read documented accounts stretching over thousands of years. And I've read the published analysis of people who have studied the matter. Jacques Vallee, I. D. E. Thomas, David Jacobs, whoever I've gotten my hands on. It's not a Desilu production and it's really not mysterious any more.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've read documented accounts stretching over thousands of years. And I've read the published analysis of people who have studied the matter. Jacques Vallee, I. D. E. Thomas, David Jacobs, whoever I've gotten my hands on. It's not a Desilu production and it's really not mysterious any more.
    Okay. So what tests were performed and what were the results that have demystified it?

Personally, I mostly suspect that it's ********, and that there are better explanations that work within what we understand now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom