What will you do with your $550 million lottery winnings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    All the normal things but.......
    Stand outside work giving out $$$. Some may get enough to take a loooong vacation....others would get $1 and a Have a nice day sticker.
    Also a series of full page ads in USA Today and give the facts out about "Gun Violence". Through one of my LLC's of course.

Bob

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Land on a lake... Southern enough for milder winters, Northern enough so that I don't have things in the lake that want to eat me or my dogs, enough land for at least a 500 yard gun range, some hunting ground, modest 1 story house with a gun vault/soundproof nap room. New boat, new truck. Send DoggyMama to the finest medical facilities in the country to fix whatever ails her. Something set aside for each of the grand kids, but they wouldn't find out about it until I'm gone.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Day One: Buy the company I work for. Fire everyone, burn the building to the ground, and salt the Earth so even grass won't grow there for a generation. That and a really nice bottle of scotch.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Land on a lake... Southern enough for milder winters, Northern enough so that I don't have things in the lake that want to eat me or my dogs, enough land for at least a 500 yard gun range, some hunting ground, modest 1 story house with a gun vault/soundproof nap room. New boat, new truck. Send DoggyMama to the finest medical facilities in the country to fix whatever ails her. Something set aside for each of the grand kids, but they wouldn't find out about it until I'm gone.

I could get on board with this. I always wanted a house on a lake. But I have particular needs in order for me to consider it. And it would be expensive. And I'm with you on the location only because I could afford to go north in the winter to snowmobile.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Find the charities that do good work but are always underfunded, and work with them so they're able to do all the good they need to do.

Then I'll call the admissions folks at Harvard and see what I can do about my son getting early acceptance.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    2000+ acres of mixed forest and agriculture land with a mix of small lakes or ponds. Obviously a nice home..…
    We could farm as we saw fit to sustain the wildlife we want to watch. Sunflowers for doves, Sorghum, Corn, Clover, and Switchgrass for deer, pheasants, quail, squirrel, and rabbits.
    We and our friends could spend the rest of our days shooting coyotes in mass on our property. We could also hunt on this property within the law as we see fit.
    We could take a couple friends every year on an outfitted hunt anywhere we wanted. (Probably stay in U.S., Canada, and Sub-Saharan Africa.)
    We and our friends could spend TIME as we saw fit!
    Doug

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Pay off our house and get a new roof, pay off my folks house, and my sisters. As well as vehicles.

Build us a nice garage to keep random junk/vehicles.

Donate to humane society.

Other than gun stuff, that's about it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I would invest in my education re: philanthropy. It seems easy to give money away, but major donors can have significant influence on how organizations operate, and it is worthwhile to make sure that your giving goes to accomplish whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish.

And I would buy a fire lookout tower.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes to anonymizing as much as possible. Lawyer, trust, whatever the right answer is there.

Make sure I have arrangements to take better care of me and mine, including my sis and my pets, when we're older.

Buy INGO and ban... (I'm amazed no one else has brought that up yet).

p.s. Buy a motor coach limo outfitted as my front room, complete with sofa and TV, and hire a team of drivers. I am so tired of driving.
    Ive wanted (wished) i had bought ingo before. Didnt know it was for sale or i might have. Dont even know what it would have cost but it wouldnt be the first crazy purchase ive ever made

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1. Tell nobody
    2. Call my lawyer
    3. Lawyer would ordered to form a team, Tax Lawyers, Finance Lawyers I would listen to the advice of the professionals
    4. Claim the prize in secret
    5. Make no lifestyle changes in order to maintain cover
    6. Slowly purchase “things” I want in secret
    7. Plan backwards from death for endless vacations and fun
    8. Fully retire
    9. Maintain my current house in order to give the image that nothing has changed
    10. Help people start business so they can achive financial independence

Not that I have planned this out already!
    Watch some of the YouTube stuff on this subject most people blow the money in a few years.
    You have to think like a rich person to stay rich!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Tell nobody
    2. Call my lawyer
    3. Lawyer would ordered to form a team, Tax Lawyers, Finance Lawyers I would listen to the advice of the professionals
    4. Claim the prize in secret
    5. Make no lifestyle changes in order to maintain cover
    6. Slowly purchase “things” I want in secret
    7. Plan backwards from death for endless vacations and fun
    8. Fully retire
    9. Maintain my current house in order to give the image that nothing has changed
    10. Help people start business so they can achive financial independence

Not that I have planned this out already!
    Watch some of the YouTube stuff on this subject most people blow the money in a few years.
    You have to think like a rich person to stay rich!

Good plan.
    There are a few really good ones in here.
    Locking up as much as is needed to keep the income flowing is what seems proper. Make money. Keep it rolling in. Set aside the madness money and when that has been used set up for the budget income from investments.
    My tastes in guns cars and things mechanical could eat up a crap load in a short time. Vacations to me would be January in Scottsdale Arizona for all the best auctions.
    A proper facility to put my prizes in and a way to maintain them. That would be a full time job in itself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah just the interest alone in a regular bank on that much money would set you up for life unless you went stupid crazy on spending amd it would still take an idiot a while to blow a quarter of a billion dollars. No way I wouldnt be paying great financial minds to invest and get me great returns though. You would be raking in money.
    Most people could buy every single thing they've ever desired and still probably not even have spent 10% of it. The amount of that much money is not able to be realized by most people.
    The separation between the common man and the super rich billionaires is truly mindblowing.
    In all reality with this much money your life would never be normal again even if you tried to keep it that way. I think the best way to do it would be to transition slowly over the coarse of a couple years to avoid complete mental overload. You would literally live like royalty the rest of your life. The quality of life one could have with the finest of everything and a literal staff to attend to you and.your families needs and health would just be amazing.
    You set it up to make your money work for you and maintain but also grow. At that point you have to start thinking in generational terms, youd leave a legacy for family generations down the road. The old saying im not rich enough to be president. Well now someome down thw road in your family will be and they will have all of the best educational and social opportunities to make it happen and it all started from YOU if you are smart.
    I think that would be the coolest thing to work towards with that much money is how could I impact the actual future of my country for good?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah just the interest alone in a regular bank on that much money would set you up for life unless you went stupid crazy on spending amd it would still take an idiot a while to blow a quarter of a billion dollars. No way I wouldnt be paying great financial minds to invest and get me great returns though. You would be raking in money.
    Most people could buy every single thing they've ever desired and still probably not even have spent 10% of it. The amount of that much money is not able to be realized by most people.
    The separation between the common man and the super rich billionaires is truly mindblowing.
    In all reality with this much money your life would never be normal again even if you tried to keep it that way. I think the best way to do it would be to transition slowly over the coarse of a couple years to avoid complete mental overload. You would literally live like royalty the rest of your life. The quality of life one could have with the finest of everything and a literal staff to attend to you and.your families needs and health would just be amazing.
    You set it up to make your money work for you and maintain but also grow. At that point you have to start thinking in generational terms, youd leave a legacy for family generations down the road. The old saying im not rich enough to be president. Well now someome down thw road in your family will be and they will have all of the best educational and social opportunities to make it happen and it all started from YOU if you are smart.
    I think that would be the coolest thing to work towards with that much money is how could I impact the actual future of my country for good?

But the "Bernie Sanders" of the world are working overtime to take any money they find.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good plan.
    There are a few really good ones in here.
    Locking up as much as is needed to keep the income flowing is what seems proper. Make money. Keep it rolling in. Set aside the madness money and when that has been used set up for the budget income from investments.
    My tastes in guns cars and things mechanical could eat up a crap load in a short time. Vacations to me would be January in Scottsdale Arizona for all the best auctions.
    A proper facility to put my prizes in and a way to maintain them. That would be a full time job in itself.

So, you're saying you would essentially become Jay Leno?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would hire CM as senior car buyer!

Hey CM find me this month.

1. 1970-71 LS6 Chevelle SS convertible triple black your choice on the transmission make sure the A/C works.

2. 1968-70 Shelby GT 500 KR you pick the color.

Check back with me with some pictures after you have drove and touched them in person.

Your salary is $250,000 a year all expenses paid, company car of you choice

You are required to visit the shop twice a month to coordinate with the shop manger and give me a status report on all the cars. You will need to insure that you drive the cars and make sure they work before I do. You also need to advise the shop manger is storing and repairing the cars to your standard.

You only report to me or my wife (only concerning my wife’s cars)

Note: All travel reports are due to the office manger no later than 7DAYS after completion of travel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would hire CM as senior car buyer!

Hey CM find me this month.

1. 1970-71 LS6 Chevelle SS convertible triple black your choice on the transmission make sure the A/C works.

2. 1968-70 Shelby GT 500 KR you pick the color.

Check back with me with some pictures after you have drove and touched them in person.

Your salary is $250,000 a year all expenses paid, company car of you choice

You are required to visit the shop twice a month to coordinate with the shop manger and give me a status report on all the cars. You will need to insure that you drive the cars and make sure they work before I do. You also need to advise the shop manger is storing and repairing the cars to your standard.

You only report to me or my wife (only concerning my wife’s cars)

Note: All travel reports are due to the office manger no later than 7DAYS after completion of travel.

I am in. When do we start......:cool:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My new house will have secret passages / rooms / tunnels.

The car barn will be separate from the house by several yards. Perhaps even 100 or so. And there'll be a hidden access tunnel that goes from the hidden portion of the basement under the main house into the car barn.

The fully climate-controlled and extremely well insulated car barn. I may even invest in some kind of vestibule in/out system for said barn so that rolling up a big door won't result in the loss of all the conditioned air. I need to be energy efficient, you see.

Top Bottom