• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Arlington arms single shot 410. Never seen one since then. Had 22 marlin for years before that. Crazy , back in the 80's no one said a thing about us boys roaming the neighborhood with rifles. Couldn't wait to get home from school and head to the woods to shoot cans , birds, squirrels , bottles and such. Boy how times have changed. Kids now a days do t have a chance.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sears M200 (Winchester Model 1200). Got it at a Pawn Shop for $75 in 1986 and I still have it. Shoots great but kicks like a mule.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    My first shotgun, is the blot action .410 New Haven. The gun was owned by one of my uncles that died around the time I was born. My dad told me that he was so excited to be able to be able to see me, and told my dad that he wanted me to have the gun when I got old enough to have it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My mom and dad told me I could have a centerfire gun when I was old enough to save up the money and legally buy it myself. So my senior year of high school, the day after my 18th birthday, off I went to the gun shop and brought home a Browning BPS 12 gauge pump. I rigged up a clay thrower in the cornfield with about 20 yards of nylon rope, hooked my front heel in it, and released the yellow-dome Federal brand clays I bought at Best Products, and smashed them as best I could. I remember getting boxes of those clays when I made my usual run every few weeks to buy the $10 bricks of Federal Lightning .22s in the blue boxes, whenever they were on sale. I remember the flame and plastic ribbon wadding coming out the muzzle of that gun when I fired at those yellow clays in the evenings, and it seemed like most of them just barely split in half. (It got easier when I learned to use earplugs). The Grand American trapshoot in Vandalia, Ohio was only 15 minutes away, and I dreamed of someday shooting white targets under the shootoff lights there for big trophies. I eventually realized that dream, and have one of the trophies sitting on my mantle now. But it took several more years, and thousands of rounds through more expensive guns to do it. But even though I eventually traded that BPS for a Remington 11-87 trap gun, I can still remember what the factory grease smelled like, the squeak of the Styrofoam lining in the box, the sound of the action and what it felt like on my shoulder when I pulled the trigger! I also remember the sound doves and starlings made, cartwheeling down through the air from way high up and hitting the ground. I had abrasions all over my arm and collarbone from shooting that thing, and my ears rang, but I just couldn't quit. That was the start of a very expensive hobby. If I only knew!

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ithaca single shot .410. Lever action to open. Oldest brother stole it after my dad died. Haven't seen the gun since '85 nor him since '99.

Bob

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Arlington arms single shot 410. Never seen one since then. Had 22 marlin for years before that. Crazy , back in the 80's no one said a thing about us boys roaming the neighborhood with rifles. Couldn't wait to get home from school and head to the woods to shoot cans , birds, squirrels , bottles and such. Boy how times have changed. Kids now a days do t have a chance.
    AMEN to this! And I'm not that old - I graduated high school in 1984. Me and my buddies would regularly meet up after school or weekends with our rifles or shotguns and shoot walnuts, hickory nuts, tin cans, hedge apples. Noblesville grad, lived on the river northeast of town. We'd shoot anything floating down the river.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've had a lot and still several but my first was a New England single 12 gauge with rifled barrel and rifle sights. Kicked like a mule but dropped several deer with it. Wish I still had it. :(

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    My first shotgun was a savage 220 410 single shot. My great grandfather gave it to my dad when he was a baby and i grew up using it. Been in my safe for many years now. I've waged war on small game for years and i'm sure its killed more rabbits than i could count. The first time my oldest boy shot it, he just got a huge grin across his whole face. Will no doubt go to one of my boys (or my girl) some day. Not too many guns see that many generations.

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    12 Gauge Remmington 870 Wingmaster, 30" Vent Rib, nice. And I sold it 20 years ago. I'd love to get it back.

gregstiff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Mossberg 500 28" 12ga

Mossberg 500 28" 12ga. Worked all summer mowing lawns in order to be able to finance my first gun when I was 12. Shot tons of trap and skeet with it as well as ducks, geese, and rabbits. Back in a time where a kid could go down to the hardware store and buy all the shells he wanted and then shoot clays until his shoulder was blue for $1.50 a round. Heck I used to carry that shotgun in the soft case right through the middle of town on my bicycle to go hunting and have the chief of police wave at me on my way by. I even did a speech in English class on the disassembly and cleaning of that same gun. Those were the days...

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    Mine is a Western Field model M550C, 20 gauge, pump. Bought it used back in 1980, still have it. It is so old it does not have a serial number. I pretty sure it was made by Mossberg .

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My first shotgun was an 11-87 and it still runs like a champ! I've killed a lot of stuff with that gun!

Top Bottom