• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Remington 512. A gift from my dad who used it in Junior NRA competitions when he was a kid. Second rifle I owned is a Winchester Model of 1917 willed to me by my grandfather. First rifle I bought was an AR.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    M16 when I was 17 years old.

Sadly, I was not allowed to keep it.

More sadly, I can't justify the price to own one again.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    First rifle that I had was a Christmas present from my Dad when I was a kid. It was a single shot Ithica leverl action 22. The first rifle I purchased was an 8mm Mauser that I do not remember the country of origin. I do remember that the action and barrel were in good enough shape that an old time gunsmith and friend of the family told me that he would put it in a custom stock and make the necessary modifications to turn it into a sporter for little or nothing as long as I let him do it on his own time. Unfortunately, he died of a heart attack soon after making me that offer. I think that I bought it at an ACE hardware store back in the mid 70s when they were selling firearms.

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    First rifle was an 8mm Turkish Mauser that my uncle gave me for Christmas. He said he picked up 2 of them at a surplus store for $36 a piece (only 10 years ago). Best $36 ever spent in my opinion!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I can still remember the joy I experienced as a little tyke of seven to find that long package under the tree on Christmas morning. There it was, the Barret light fifty I had asked Santa for. The sparrows in my neighborhood - heck, five neighborhoods over - weren't safe, I can tell you.

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    A J.C. Higgins single shot 22. Bought it in 1964 paid 15.00 for it. I was so excited I couldn't sleep that night just thinking about MY rifle. Still have it. Killed a lot of squirrels with it. First centerfire was a 788 Rem. chambered in 308 Win. bought it in North Vernon, Ind. in 1968 @ Rice's Sporting Goods used for $75.00. Still have that one as well. It is on it's 4th barrel and still going strong.

PaPa 260

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My first rifle...
    A Winchester Model 67 purchased brand new by my Great-Grandfather. Everybody in my family has learned to shoot with this rifle. The stock has been broken and pinned back together. There are more scratches and nicks than finish on the stock. The trigger guard has been lost from it. The chrome is almost completely worn from the bolt. The finish is more steel than bluing. The rifling is missing in large segments down the bore. It is priceless to me though...

Top Bottom