• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    my first was some sort of little cheap 22 revolver i think it cost about 25.00 bought it at johns sporing goods london ky back in 70's sold it to my uncle for near nothing

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Ruger P85 9mm. Reliable shooter but man, that gun was a brick. I have to laugh when I think of how heavy that pistol was compared to more modern designs...

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    A 70 Series nickel plated .45 cal Colt Gov't Model that was made in 1974. Although I traded it to a friend in a fit of insanity, I got it back and still have it. In 2002 I "spiced it up" by putting a set of elephant ivory grips with antique nickel Colt medallions on it. And my friend who talked me out of it so long ago found another one and put the same grips on his.

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    My dad gave me a 1939 9mm Mauser Luger (not a 'byf 42') that he'd won in a poker game at a local VFW. Evidently, the county judge who put it up for his poker loss took it off of a German officer in WWII. Quite good groups at 50 feet (when I was younger).

I expected to see glock, glock, glock in this thread. It's great to see stories in which some interesting guns are obtained through non traditional avenues :):. (No offense to glock owners! ;))

-Edit- My first handgun was a Browning Hi-Power Mk. III. Still prolly my favorite range pistol.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    A 70 Series nickel plated .45 cal Colt Gov't Model that was made in 1974. Although I traded it to a friend in a fit of insanity, I got it back and still have it. In 2002 I "spiced it up" by putting a set of elephant ivory grips with antique nickel Colt medallions on it. And my friend who talked me out of it so long ago found another one and put the same grips on his.

Where did you get those grips from? Would love to see some pics of them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom