• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beez1954

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    USMC: see if this works

If you ever decide to sell the gold cup LET ME KNOW. That is one heck of a gun. I had one and like an imature idiot sold it. ooch I just hit myself again for selling it. How about a picture of it to really make me feel bad. :D

Sorry- not for sale in my lifetime but my kid probably will sell it for a buck when the time comes:

Actually I tried to upload photo but couldn't get it in the reply... computer illiterate I guess. Will send photos in pm if I can get that to work.

beez

Last edited:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I grew up in a collector's household... so the first pistol I ever fired I think was his P08 Luger. First one I ever owned was far less interesting... one of those cheap little Herbert Schmidt .22 that Dad gave me when I moved out.

First one I ever purchased was the Ballester Molina that's still my favorite for some weird reason.

Maybe it's a handgun's equivalent of the 58 Plymouth in "Christine" and I'm its Arnie. :):

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    An awful glock 36. Glad it was acp and not gap, about the only thing I liked about it. Sold it a couple years later for almost what I paid for it so it was a good lesson.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Taurus PT99AF.

Long since shot the snot out of it, but that gun provided me tens of thousands of rounds of fun in the form of target shooting, IPSC shooting, and general plinking. Not to mention, it made an utterly dependable carry gun. I'd buy one again, but I hate the frigging rails. The new ones won't fit my old holsters.

Bought it in Guam in 1988 as a 21st birthday present for myself. I carried handguns, M-16s, machne guns, shotguns, and/or grenade launchers to work every day, but wasn't allowed to buy my own gun till then. Always seemed strange to me, but whatcha gonna do? That gun served me in the jungles of Guam, frozen forests and tundra of Alaska, and the New Mexico desert, and never had a single malfunction.

It's the gun I was using when I beat the S&W factory shooter (Tom Campbell, I think?) at the IPSC Alaska state championships one year. I competed using my Taurus, and wearing my duty web gear, complete with the military issue Bianchi full flap holster. I don't think he was going full speed when I beat him the first round, because in the second round all the little metal flags were on my side while I was still trying to process hearing the buzzer LMAO! Still, that day was some of the best shooting of my life.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    S&W Mod 28 Highway Patrolman .357 Magnum. Big, heavy, loud gun that I had to have my mom sign for many, many moons ago! I wished I'd kept it......

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    H&K 9mm purchased while in the Army back in 1975. I stored it at my parents home while in college and they sold it believing that I was "out of my army phase" and didn't need to mess with guns anymore. I have new parents now...

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I bought a Hi Point 9mm for plinking while in college out in Montana. Never shot the thing until I took it and my recently purchased H&K P30L out for testing. I think I will probably be selling the Hi Point now.....lol

Top Bottom