• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    1973 Chevy Impala station wagon. It was the trainer for five kids. By the time it got to me, it had seen its better days. One of my older sister's friend's had christened it "Godzilla," because it was big, green, and would eat anything in its path. Had a huge v8 in it ...you could actually watch the gas gauge move down when you stepped on the accelerator. Not exactly a chick magnet.

22881214-324-1973-Chevy-Impala-Wagon-w-454-and-low-m.jpg

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    In the late 60's I owned a 1956 Ford with a custom paint job, Volvo buckets,Hurst shifter, not to mention a big hood scoup. It had a 272 CI with a full race cam. After a few months I blew that motor up and put in a 1960 Mercury 312 CI. In the 1 1/2 years I had that car I went through 1 motor,a rear end and 3 transmissions. I beat the heck out of that car.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    1970 Volkswagon Beetle, Yukon (pee) Yellow...bought it for $1,000 in 1974 drove it for 4 years and sold it for $1,200....Best car deal I ever did...:spend:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    My fist car was a 79' Ford Elite, it had 78,000 miles on it with the most beautiful green interior you'd ever see! ;) (if only they made them like they used to)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme. It was my uncle's. I beat the snot out of that poor car. It finally died in college, and I bought a 1988 Chevy S10. I LOVED that truck. Manual everything - trans, windows, brakes, and steering. No A/C, and an under-powered 4 banger. Best transportation for a college guy ever.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So post pics and details of your first four wheels of freedom.

I don't know if we had cameras back then:):. My first car was a 1953 Buick Special with a straight 8 engine and a three speed on the column. It had the clear Fingerhutt seat covers and a $49 Earl Shieb 2 tone paint job.

I had a '65 Honda motorcycle and I could take the back seat out of the Buick and put the bike in behind the front seat if I had to transport it. I drove that beast for two years until I bought a new 1966 Galaxie 500 with a 390 engine.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    1994 Chevy Blazer. I put that thing through absolute HELL and it still runs.

I know it still runs because I saw someone driving it the other day...I know it was mine because it still has the dent in the front bumper from when I hit an owl.

I've heard quite a few stories about how people put dents in their bumpers, but I think this is the first that has involved an owl!! :)::)::)::):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    '48 Chevy inline 6, 3 on the tree and floor pedal start. Great old Car. I traded it in on a '65 GTO a year before I joined the USMC.
    I let my best buddy use the GTO when I went off to basic. I got it back 5 years later from him just as nice as the day I left it with him.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    First car I drove was a 75 Fury Station Wagon. The thing was a tank. The first one I bought was a 79 T-bird. Trading it in was one of the worst mistakes I ever made. Would love to have that car back.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've heard quite a few stories about how people put dents in their bumpers, but I think this is the first that has involved an owl!! :)::)::)::):

Yeah, it was crazy. While in high school, I was driving home late one night (speeding) and was changing the radio station. I looked up to see something black in the middle of the road about 15 feet from me. Right when I noticed it, it swiveled its head around, staring at me and tried to take off...It made it to my bumper before it got hit and rolled over the top of my car. Its wings completely covered my windshield with plenty of room to spare.

I guess it was sleeping, because there's no reason it shouldn't have heard or seen me coming.

I pulled over to make sure it was dead and not suffering and it was long-gone. I felt kind of bad, but there was nothing I could have done short of crashing my car to get out of the way.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, it was crazy. While in high school, I was driving home late one night (speeding) and was changing the radio station. I looked up to see something black in the middle of the road about 15 feet from me. Right when I noticed it, it swiveled its head around, staring at me and tried to take off...It made it to my bumper before it got hit and rolled over the top of my car. Its wings completely covered my windshield with plenty of room to spare.

I guess it was sleeping, because there's no reason it shouldn't have heard or seen me coming.

I pulled over to make sure it was dead and not suffering and it was long-gone. I felt kind of bad, but there was nothing I could have done short of crashing my car to get out of the way.

Wow..that must have been "Awesome" in a Tommy Boy Movie sort of way!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow..that must have been "Awesome" in a Tommy Boy Movie sort of way!

Indeed. I sat in my car in the middle of the road in complete disbelief for about 30 seconds before getting out to check on it.

BTW, to clarify, when I said "long-gone" I meant very, very dead. Not that it flew away. I just reread my post and could see how it could read that way.

Top Bottom