• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    For me there were two that made lasting impressions: 1) The Tooter Turtle sessions on Rocky & Bullwinkle. His friend Wizzard Lizzard would always save him from his self inflicted predicament with the chant: "Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drome, time for this one to come home!" 2) Boris & Natasha : "Keel moose and squirrel!" Cool Cold War references, and espionage!:popcorn:

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    mask.jpg

AND........

southpark.178180209.gif

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Which version? "Battle of the Planets", "G-Force", or the original Japanese show "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman"?
    Somehow, David, I knew you would be the one to answer this. I saw it as BotP, though the team was called "G-Force". I knew about Gatchaman, but I have not seen that version. It's kinda like watching the original series that the "Power Rangers" footage came from. I'm not going to understand the dialogue, so it makes no sense to watch it.

Thanks for answering, though... Rep added for being first.

Blessings,
    Bill

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Somehow, David, I knew you would be the one to answer this. I saw it as BotP, though the team was called "G-Force". I knew about Gatchaman, but I have not seen that version. It's kinda like watching the original series that the "Power Rangers" footage came from. I'm not going to understand the dialogue, so it makes no sense to watch it.

Thanks for answering, though... Rep added for being first.

Blessings,
    Bill

I believe there's a "fansub*" version of the Gatchaman show out there. It's been a while since I was really "plugged in" to the Anime community but I still know a few places. If you're interested shoot me a PM or email and I'll see what I can find.

*Fan produced subtitles superposed on the original Japanese language video. Usually distributed for free either on recordable media or via the Internet these days.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It took me a while to remember this, but watching the new Garfield series last night with the kids, I remembered this one...

heathcliff1.jpg

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Pinky_and_the_Brain_vol1.jpg

darkwing.duck.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPljLNW9WRs&feature=related"]YouTube - Histeria! - General Sherman's Campsite, Part 1[/ame]

One of the funniest cartoons that they have never released to DVD was called Histeria! They had another episode on the Civil War that was hilarious. The show really wasn't that funny unless you already knew your history though. But I always loved history as a kid.

blaine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    YouTube - Histeria! - General Sherman's Campsite, Part 1

One of the funniest cartoons that they have never released to DVD was called Histeria! They had another episode on the Civil War that was hilarious. The show really wasn't that funny unless you already knew your history though. But I always loved history as a kid.

That was one of the funniest. And you are right about having to know grade school history to find it funny. That is probably why it didn't last very long. The lack of interest for history by kids.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Hard to beat Looney Tunes, and there are a number of them you never see anymore because some element of the cartoon is deemed "inappropriate" in our PC world. But Jonny Quest was a must see no matter what.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I enjoyed just about everyone listed so far. A few that come to mind that I didn't see listed are The WWF cartoon from the mid 80's, Voltron, Doug, Aaaah Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life and I enjoyed Dexter's Laboratory. I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting, but there have been a lot of great ones already mentioned.

Top Bottom