• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My junker Sav/Anschutz 141 was pretty decent w WW SuperX.
    I had a 541T-HB but couldn't get over that plastic mag. I never really tested it, just zeroed it and smoked a few varmints in the yard. Got more and more annoyed with it and sold it for more than I had in it :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never hunted with it, but the most accurate .22 I ever had was one like this Mossberg heavy barrel target rifle (Model 44?). I got one for myself after using one in Boy Scouts (early 70's). It was marked "Property of U.S. Government" so I'm guessing it was some kind of training rifle. It came with Redfield target peeps, but I had a Bushnell scope mounted on it. I could consistently put all my shots in the round "Pepsi" medallion on the cans at 100 yards offhand. I miss that gun... :(

wm_4060403.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site

This thing shoots amazing at first it was a pain, but after installing some Volquartsen gear, new mags and some polishing and a coat of ceramcoat.
    Its certainly an amazing tack driver and it didnt cost me a 1,000+.
    My Boyds heavy target stock will be arriving Monday, I have yet to shoot any match grade out of her but at 55/60 this is where she is hitting.
    I think after I purchase a better optic, heavier stock and some match grade I think I can get em tighter.

Remington 40grain thunderbolt, 55/60 yards

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Both of the CZ 452 rifles I bought for my son and daughter will shoot 1in groups with 40 grain lead bullets right out of the box

btownie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    10/22 Scrapped the junk factory bolt for a Tactical Innovations milled bolt and stainless firing pin with hardened extractor. Replaced the recoil spring and guide rod as well. Polished the receiver, the hammer, sear and disconnector.
    I'm sort of a noob at this stuff, but I think it shoots pretty good.

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My Savage Anschutz 164 Sporter was purchased used a few years ago. I replaced the scope that came with it with a Leupold FX 4x28 rimfire scope. It really is so accurate that it is boring to shoot at 50 yards. It seems to like CCI Standard Velocity and CCI SGB ammo.

001-2.jpg

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Anschutz 200 single shot. That thing was killer on rodents and feral cats. Too heavy for the field, so I sold it to a yound aspiring biathaloner.

Right now I have a CZ 452 trainer I am dialing in and it feels great to carry. Seems to shoot tighter than the Chief AJ - tuned 10/22 I have had for years.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have a Savage-Anschutz .22 with a Leupold M-8 4x Gold Ring scope that is a tack driver. My eyes don't let me shoot like I did when I bought it around 1980 at Em-Roe downtown Indy.

I vaguely remember Em-Roe. 54 or 64 action? I bought a S/A 54 Sporter this year that really is the berries. :D I've had several very accurate rimfires. Browning 52 sporter, Kimber Hunter/Silhouette, Suhl 150-1, Kimber 82 Gov't, Lilja bbl'd Sako Quad, 52D Winchester. Several CZ's.

Suhl was probably the easiest to shoot well off bags. May have been the most accurate of the bunch. I'm not enough of an accuracy nut to have done the testing to truly know. I DO know that I've enjoyed every one of 'em.:yesway:

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Ruger 10/22 with volquarsten trigger, hogue stock, and tactical-solutions barrel, Mueller variable all-purpose scope. Oh so light, oh so accurate.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Marlin mod39 bolt action clip fed. I can shoot match sticks at 100 yards. At 50 yards, I can split bullets on axe heads. I thought it looked fun, so I tried popping 2 balloons with one bullet, chopped in half by the axe head nailed onto a 4x4 block. Exhibition shooting is a lost art and I wish we had more adventurous people out there.

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Boy I can't tell you how happy you just made me seeing those 4 dead #%@*^*@+ squirrels. I hate those pesky bastards and they are twice as fast as the regulars. Thank you, wherever you are!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mossberg model 144 target rifle (bolt gun) 57-shot box mag
    Winchester 1885 "Low-Wall" that has been re-barreled with a Winchester model 52 .22Lr barrel.
    Both have taken more squirrels than I can recall.

Either of these will easily out-shoot me.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Cz452 scout is my new hunting rifle. 16" barrel, 12" length of pull and overall length just over 32". Its short, light and shoots good. How good? Im not sure yet as i havent put it on a bench yet. Leaning off of a sappling i did two 5 shot groups 1/1/2" or less with federal bulk pack so im sure it will shoot way better than that. I bought a cz 452 trainer and a heavy, free floated barrel, thumb hole stocked savage on the same day. The cz would shoot bulk pak better and cci mini mag, standard velocity and wolf match about the same plus the cz is a slim non free-floated barrel that didnt weigh 10lbs. I carried the savage in the woods once then sold it to a buddy of mine. The savage was a decent good shooting gun but its not build near as well as the cz. The cz feels like the action is more like a big gun. Kinda like the ruger 77/22 they dont feel like a toy. Anyway both are good shooters.
    8467180706_9557c1d0a3_b.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom