What type of holster do you use to carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When you carry a handgun, how do you typically carry it?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    I have found that carrying a small 38 in the pants pocket is more easier to draw because if you think there is trouble you can keep your hand on the gun ready to draw without anyone even know that you have the gun on you.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Right now a Comptac MTAC IWB.

Switching to a Safariland 6360 ALS Duty Holster this fall.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    For the PT111, I use a Galco pancake. Bought it used and it was lots longer than the pistol, so I modified it.. I REALLY like the way it carries, as I can carry what I call mostly concealed, with a shirt tail over it. The .38 usually goes IWB, SOB.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Since switching to 1911 I have a Galco Jackass shoulder rig which is about the fastest grab n go setup. In a drawer I can grab it throw it over one shoulder saddle bag style and still have gun with 2 spare mags keeping my hands free to grab my BOB keys and shoes whatever. I believe I make my choices based on which method of carry will keep me from leaving the gun at home.
    Sometimes it will just tuck under my arm or held in hand until I get into the car and then tucked into grab handle no holster at all. that is the way I carry when I am just going along for the ride latenights.
    Either way it comes with even if I havve to put it in a paper bag like a sack lunch. I will probably make an insulated lunch bag setup for her EDC to conceal her Para Companion at work. It will fit with her attire and lock in her drawer and office for security while still keeping it close going in and out without screaming Gun.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    A couple of writers talk trash about shoulder rigs being bad. The rest of the world jumps on board. I hear people say they are unsafe because your muzzle covers whoever is behind you. While they carry IWB with the muzzle pointing inches from their femoral artery. Personally I carry for my protection and safety so I am not as worried if my muzzle covers the person directly behind me. Especially since there is a leather strap blocking the hammer and 3 other safeties on my gun besides common sense finger off the trigger during draw. I use fobus paddles because they work. I have never had one ripped off of me or fail. I have however been stabbed in the leg and kidney by several topline iwb holsters. Maybe iwb works for most but for me I have yet to try one that didn't hurt my sensative skin.lol

I am looking for a nice belt mounted leather holster with retention strap for times when my wardrobe will allow it.

Wear what works for you and be safe. Don't be ashamed by a $20 fobus if that is all you like or can afford. Either way you will be safer than leaving it in a drawer at home. Just my .02

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Just wanted to make a couple notes,
    no one has posted a vote in the off body "purse etc." option, but my girlfreind got a nice leather galco purse. It has been working out very well and so +1 on the high dollar purses."she sais its a bit heavy, but that's with a p226 and all her lugage"
    also I voted paddle because it is what I am using most the time, this time of year, but I carried a galco jackass rig in the winter that I like very well. However it did get a bit heavy on the shoulders at times.

Top Bottom