What type of holster do you use to carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When you carry a handgun, how do you typically carry it?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    ok, here we go....

For my XD.40sc i use a supertuck for iwb, have a blackhawk something or other for owb but i don't like it very much and am looking for something else. I carry my p95 owb in a desantis speed scabbard and in a desantis pro stealth iwb sometimes. I also just got a galco classic lite shoulder holster for it which is kind of growing on me. Not always practical but it's nice when the situation is right. I never hear anyone talk about shoulder carry very often.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I invested in a couple of nice custom rigs a few years back. One in brown and one in black. Both scabbard holsters with matching belts and double mag holders. I use them most all the time and they are both for commander sized 1911's.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    For my Kimber Tactical Ultra II I use a Milt Sparks VMII IWB, extremely comfortable.

For my Glock 26 I usually carry in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB, again very comfortable. Sometimes use a Blackhawk Serpa when I want to OWB with the belt attachment.

Always at the 3 o'clock position strong side.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    For the 1911 I've got a fairly cheap tuckable IWB I got on CTD that's made by Frontline. The leather is kinda stiff, retention is pretty decent, and draws well. With a baggy enough shirt tucked in, can't even tell I'm packing a full size 1911. Still same most of the time just with a loose tshirt untucked too. For the G30 I use either a custom leather IWB, and sometimes a Fobus 360 paddle. I'd like to get regular fobus paddles for both.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    On days that I have to work I wear my Fobus paddle holster. Since I can't carry at work I can just slip it off and lock my gun in my car. On days I don't work, I use an awesome IWB holster made by fellow INGO brother Rookie. He makes a quality leather holster with a thick kydex mold that fits my gun very snug. The price is unbeatable. I can wear a t-shirt and shorts and my G19 doesn't print at all.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    On days that I have to work I wear my Fobus paddle holster. Since I can't carry at work I can just slip it off and lock my gun in my car. On days I don't work, I use an awesome IWB holster made by fellow INGO brother Rookie. He makes a quality leather holster with a thick kydex mold that fits my gun very snug. The price is unbeatable. I can wear a t-shirt and shorts and my G19 doesn't print at all.

How can Rookie be found,id like to find a nice IWB for my g22.....or does anyone know if the Raven Phantom series can be purchased here around Indy or can you only buy it online?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I carry my Glock 26 in a Raven Concealement Phantom with the IWB J-hooks. It came with OWB loops if I wanted to carry OWB, It's comfortable and concealable either way, outstanding product. I find strong side offers the greatest level of comfort for me, especially when I'm driving. IWB with the Raven is very concealable even carried strong side with a longer t-shirt.

I love my Raven Phantom. I too use the J hooks, with my XD45C. Concealment is great and it is so comfortable I don't always realize it's there. Since I carry almost all the time it's just like carrying my knife or wallet.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is the holster that I use daily...

DSC02482.jpg

and this...

DSC02134.jpg

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Crossbreed MicroClip for my kahr PM9. It is tuck-able and compatible with most shirts/pant combos. Very comfortable.

picture.php
    picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom