• Total voters

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dad used to build muzzle loaders when I was a kid. Spent a lot of hours in the shop watching him. Later on, I started figuring out how to work on modern arms. I enjoy building Ar-15 rifles, swapping barrels and accurizing Savage rifles, cleaning up and restoring old military arms, and restoring antique .22 rifles.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I love to build. I've done several 80% builds of various guns. I love to tinker but I don't do a lot of "mods" I've polished a few triggers using the right tools and information. I've seldom had a gun for more then 24 hours before it's apart on the bench getting a through cleaning and inspection. Thanks just the way I roll :-)

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I voted a little bit of both because I'm always confused as well. What was I saying? Oh yeah, where is all of the above? I qualify for that one too. :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I voted BACON, because I am a SHOOTER, and all of my guns, are STOCK, except for sights,

Optics, and grips .....

I know I am the MINORITY, but it is, what it is .....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like projects. Started as a collector, but moving towards making things the way I want them. Have one I will not touch, but am thinking about selling it for that very reason. Life's too short to shoot stock off the shelf guns.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Dremel... go slow... if you screw it up, you can always get another or fix it.
    Unlike hair... I like hair... If you screw it up, it always grows back.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love to build. I've done several 80% builds of various guns. I love to tinker but I don't do a lot of "mods" I've polished a few triggers using the right tools and information. I've seldom had a gun for more then 24 hours before it's apart on the bench getting a through cleaning and inspection. Thanks just the way I roll :-)

You know, you really should finish them one of these days... ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went with bacon. I guess I am more collector than project monkey but I am not big at just locking them up. I will shoot anything that I buy... because. I have built a few ARs, installed scopes, etc. But I am not for making changes to a gun that functions perfectly fine, just to put my mark on it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Collector first and foremost. Most, by a large margin, of what I own is old military arms, and other than cleaning and preserving they don't get touched. My hunting and HD/PD guns are tools and if they don't meet my needs to a large extent off the shelf, they stay on the shelf. I will add a scope or change sights to suit my eyes better, but that is about it for me. Not knocking on people who do this, but for me I can't understand spending a chunk of change on a gun just to toss half the parts in a box and spend even more $$ to get what I want.

Top Bottom