What type of 1911 do you think I should get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I run away from HK's because I'm scared I'll like them. Someday.....

You're not missing much, I rented the P30's and even rented the HK45 twice because I really wanted to like it but accuracy was average and you have that old school DA/SA trigger unless you get the LEM or carry it like a 1911.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    For the money I'd go Springfield. It was my first hand gun and first 1911 and I love it. Shot great out of the the box but i bought the GI model so i sent it out to have some upgraded done to it. Now it shoots even better. My only regret is not spending a few bucks more and getting a Mil-spec or higher up model. I've also shot a Remmington 1911 and was pretty impressed with it as well.

Brown86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Springfield Range Officer...i'm telling you...its solid! Every time i pick it up i know i have a real gun in my hand.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Hard to beat a Springfield! I love my Colt but I was playing with a new and used Springfield Mil Spec and they are pretty much the same gun, although the Colt is several hundred more $$$. I won't be getting rid of my Colt, ever, but the next 1911 I get will be another Springfield. Like said, either a Mil Spec or Range Officer is hard to beat. They look great, function great, handle great, just a great package. And I found a liek new used one yesturday for $499. :D A Mil Spec!!

Top Bottom