• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streakyzero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Shelbyville
    The first Zombie I see walking down my street! No, seriously though hasn't it already hit the fan! That was the day we elected our new president wasn't it!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Nay, they'll all be in their cars stuck on the bypass, or better yet heading back to Jersey and New York and that other country, Kalifornia...but good point. I think though, or hope, that there are a lot more self sufficient types around town.

It will take 2 weeks for the town to sober up enough for anyone to notice. Then the college kids will bolt and the others will stay.

What is my trigger? Gunfire, bodies, smoke, food distribution failure, EMP blast, Zombies, BTR's, and/or complete power grid failure that is town wide.

Or, worst of all, a complete shutdown of the credit card system - that would end it all.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It will take 2 weeks for the town to sober up enough for anyone to notice. Then the college kids will bolt and the others will stay.

What is my trigger? Gunfire, bodies, smoke, food distribution failure, EMP blast, Zombies, BTR's, and/or complete power grid failure that is town wide.

Or, worst of all, a complete shutdown of the credit card system - that would end it all.
    Yeah, hard to say, will it be a simper, or will it be a sudden "your card is denied", and a rush on the banks for cash. Good to keep cash on hand if it last for a little while, better to have bought tangibles if it goes on longer. Guess that's when we figure out what we forgot to stock up on!?!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    minor shtf moment-when my BIL that has never owned a gun - purchases a gun

I told him years ago, he should at least have a FOID card......

SHTF-when said BIL shows up with his family at my place-a place he will not visit based on his previous comments....

S H T F when several members on this site, wake me up at 3 in the morning and have informed me the site is secure and this is what happened.

Worse case SHTF-Wife says I should have purchased more back when we had the chance....

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Loss of power, food hording

If and when both happened I would go into survival mode. Cell phones can go out for different reasons. I guess what triggers your mode depends on how you have prepared. If food isnt an issue then food hording won't be a big deal, until the food has run out and people start going house to house. I think that if you have prepared adequately and all loved ones are safe then my next worry would be protecting it all cause you know the sheeple are going to come around with their hands out saying how bad they need help.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    minor SHTF - Alarm sounds due to an impending F1 Tornado and the homes in my neighborhood are leveled from the same tornado... Gather family and a few things and hope we can make it up the road to my father's who has a basement.

small scale SHTF - The internet providers shut down access and the cable news stations are in a frenzy over an isolated terrorist attack or medium scale riot. Mobilize and a few select neighbors to defend the neighborhood should the riots spill into our area or in case the terrorists decide to come take out Duke Energies Control Center here in Plaifield.

medium scale SHTF - No internet, cable access, cell towers shut off, regional riots, Martial Law declared in nearby states, terrorist attacks nationwide from apparently separate cells attacking everything from military installations to civilian targets. If no nuclear or bio agents are used, bug out to the Country to a friends.

Large Scale SHTF - same as above, but riots on a nationwide scale or terrorist attacks on a scale that would resemble an invasion, or all out war on our soil from invading force. Attacks on Nuclear plants or nuclear devices used. Head north west to stay above the jet stream and away from the nuclear fallout. Once in Canada, head west to Alaska by any means necessary.

That's the skinny of it anyway. Door to door searches by police or military, martial law, passing of anti-Constitutional laws or treaties that are being enforced by force, Stock market crash (serious crash), regional loss of power that would span more than just a city or two, suspension of any part of the Constitution or a military presence of more than a couple units, the mass importation of UN troops, all are signs for me that S is HingTF and to be vigilant or Bug out or Defend.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    When the news starts showing lines at the ATMs... if you aren't ready on that day, sucks to be you, cuz not only are you going to be a victim, but chances are you will become a criminal just trying to survive. :twocents:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is something I have questioned for as long as I have had interest in a SHTF scenario. I don't know if this is a personal question or not, so answer it as you see fit. I know there are thousands of huge reasons...nukes, earthquakes, major terrorists assaults, etc.......

What will trigger you to say, I'm not going to work. I'm mobilizing my family, my plan, my supplies, and put you into survival mode?

I don't plan for my SHTF mindset to be something that progressivly builds up. I have based mine mostly on communication. I want to act first, not wait for the news channels to report it. I feel like cell phones will be the first level of comms to be lost. Even if TV and the Web is still operating I plan to start mobilizing as soon as verbal communication is lost, or becomes threatened. I see these commercials that ask if your family has a plan and I know ours isn't perfect, but this is our "trigger"

I hope to learn from your responses. Thanks.

I am not sure what mine will be,(I guess I will just know what I feel is bad enough to feel threatened) I do know that some of the guys at the firehouse are basing theirs on me not being at work unexpectedly. I even have one guy that told me he would have 1000 rounds of ammo of my choice buried under his deck and I could have it anytime I felt I needed it but I have to take him and his family with me when I go. I laugh at some of them for not prepping for themselves other have sat down with me and asked why I prep, what I prep, and where I get stuff from.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    minor SHTF - Alarm sounds due to an impending F1 Tornado and the homes in my neighborhood are leveled from the same tornado... Gather family and a few things and hope we can make it up the road to my father's who has a basement.

small scale SHTF - The internet providers shut down access and the cable news stations are in a frenzy over an isolated terrorist attack or medium scale riot. Mobilize and a few select neighbors to defend the neighborhood should the riots spill into our area or in case the terrorists decide to come take out Duke Energies Control Center here in Plaifield.

medium scale SHTF - No internet, cable access, cell towers shut off, regional riots, Martial Law declared in nearby states, terrorist attacks nationwide from apparently separate cells attacking everything from military installations to civilian targets. If no nuclear or bio agents are used, bug out to the Country to a friends.

Large Scale SHTF - same as above, but riots on a nationwide scale or terrorist attacks on a scale that would resemble an invasion, or all out war on our soil from invading force. Attacks on Nuclear plants or nuclear devices used. Head north west to stay above the jet stream and away from the nuclear fallout. Once in Canada, head west to Alaska by any means necessary.

That's the skinny of it anyway. Door to door searches by police or military, martial law, passing of anti-Constitutional laws or treaties that are being enforced by force, Stock market crash (serious crash), regional loss of power that would span more than just a city or two, suspension of any part of the Constitution or a military presence of more than a couple units, the mass importation of UN troops, all are signs for me that S is HingTF and to be vigilant or Bug out or Defend.

Ya that sounds about like what I was talking about by feeling threatened

Top Bottom