• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I was just wondering what some of my fellow INGOers say to people you encounter who see you reading a 'shotgun news' or other firearm publication and say to you, "What would you want one of those for?" or "Why would you use a gun like that for?" :patriot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was just wondering what some of my fellow INGOers say to people you encounter who see you reading a 'shotgun news' or other firearm publication and say to you, "What would you want one of those for?" or "Why would you use a gun like that for?" :patriot:

People that question my choice of reading materials..........:D

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tell 'em the truth! If they're tools it won't matter what you say, if they are genuinely interested you may bring another member of society over to the enlightened side.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like to take them to waiting rooms and leave them after the address sticker comes off or gets sharpied out.

Nothing like a waiting room with just cosmo or redbook. I think of it as passing my addiction on down the line. I am sure some other man or woman got to read something other than how to achieve a better orgasm.

Field and stream and mainly fur fish and game is what got me into this as a young kid. I must have read each months twice. Dad still gives them to me after he reads them.

No one has ever asked me about what i was reading. I don;t think many people really notice in todays computer connected world.

If asked i would just give them my copy and tell them to give it a read.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Every time someone asks me why I have a gun, I just say "to shoot people". You should see their expressions as the gears clash and grind. They expect me to tuck my tail and say, oh, target practice, hunting, whatever. If you think about it, shooting people is what most of them are ultimately for, just as a fire extinguisher is to put out fires. I have those, too. Not because I want to put out fires, but, you know, I've had to use them a couple of times. My house didn't burn down. If I'd called the FD, by the time they got here, there would have been structural involvement, and much damage. If I call the police, I may get dead before they get here. No thanks.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Every time someone asks me why I have a gun, I just say "to shoot people". You should see their expressions as the gears clash and grind. They expect me to tuck my tail and say, oh, target practice, hunting, whatever. If you think about it, shooting people is what most of them are ultimately for, just as a fire extinguisher is to put out fires. I have those, too. Not because I want to put out fires, but, you know, I've had to use them a couple of times. My house didn't burn down. If I'd called the FD, by the time they got here, there would have been structural involvement, and much damage. If I call the police, I may get dead before they get here. No thanks.
    :lmfao:

I may have to borrow that one....:thumbsup:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You guys must know something I don't. Let me just stand corrected for now.
    Read Johnson v. State, 743 N.E.2d 755 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001) ("don't even think about it" + displaying holstered handgun = Intimidation).

Last edited:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You guys must know something I don't. Let me just stand corrected for now.
    Read Johnson v. State, 743 N.E.2d 755 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001) ("don't even think about it" + displaying holstered handgun = Intimidation).
    Edited that. In the interest of clarity.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom