• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have experience with the SP-101, M&P 9MM, and the 92FS. The SP-101 is a accurate and reliable revolver. I am personaly not a big fan of revolvers, not to mention .357 mag is getting insane on price. The M&P is also another reliable, and acccurate weapon. They did their homeowrk on ths one. Own a 92FS, and love it. It's light weight, accurate, and dependable. Only downside I see is the size in terms of packing. I too am going to get another 9mm with my tax check. With my budget, I have decided on a CZ P-07. You may want to consider it also, it is a compact 16 round mags. Comes with a decocker, but you can switch out to safety only. I at one time owned two CZ's and they are the most acurate guns I have ever fired.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I LOVE the SP101, but if you want your BUG to be a pocket gun, I don't think it would make you happy. It's really too big and heavy to be ideal for that role. If you want to wear it on your belt, though, a 3" SP101 makes for a wonderful compact gun. It's tough as nails, accurate, and a nice riding gun on the belt. With .38 +Ps it's a real sweetheart to shoot. Some .357s I can control out of it, some I can't. I actually preferred the heavier bullets because I HATE the muzzle blast of the 125 grain bullets.

The Beretta 92FS is a wonderful gun. Butter smooth, very accurate, very reliable. I used to carry them on duty, have owned a couple, they've never failed. Another of my favorites, but a biggy to carry around.

One that's not on your list is the XD. Having owned both Glocks, XDs, and an M&P subcompact, I like the XD best simply because it feels best in my hands. Any of the three plastic guns are as accurate, durable, and reliable as the other, so it's worth checking them all out to see which you like best.

If you are wanting to stick with 9mm, and want to try out the 1911 platform, you should be able to bag one of my "wanna have someday" guns, the Para LTC.

jackoctober

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Surprised nobody has backed the p226 yet (if you have I apologize, I'm nearing blindness) but I've seen people that put them through basically the same Glock-style ultra-torture tests and they survive just as well, plus the p226 can be used DA/SA.
    Also the SEALs tend to like them, and I tend to believe they know what they are talking about.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I LOVE the SP101, but if you want your BUG to be a pocket gun, I don't think it would make you happy. It's really too big and heavy to be ideal for that role. If you want to wear it on your belt, though, a 3" SP101 makes for a wonderful compact gun. It's tough as nails, accurate, and a nice riding gun on the belt. With .38 +Ps it's a real sweetheart to shoot. Some .357s I can control out of it, some I can't. I actually preferred the heavier bullets because I HATE the muzzle blast of the 125 grain bullets.

The Beretta 92FS is a wonderful gun. Butter smooth, very accurate, very reliable. I used to carry them on duty, have owned a couple, they've never failed. Another of my favorites, but a biggy to carry around.

One that's not on your list is the XD. Having owned both Glocks, XDs, and an M&P subcompact, I like the XD best simply because it feels best in my hands. Any of the three plastic guns are as accurate, durable, and reliable as the other, so it's worth checking them all out to see which you like best.

If you are wanting to stick with 9mm, and want to try out the 1911 platform, you should be able to bag one of my "wanna have someday" guns, the Para LTC.
    I'm sure I'll look at some XD's, but I'd like to consider more manufacturers. I looked at the P226 and G22 when I was looking for a 40, and settled on the XDm because it was a lot of gun for a decent price.

Here's my method of purchasing firearms... I research the guns at least a couple weeks before I buy something. Then, I check out the merchandise. Within a week I'll show up to my shop of choice (21st Century this time), with cash, and pace in front of the cases for an hour or more. Ultimately, I'm going to walk out of there with something that feels nice.

I'm not sure I want to dive into a 1911 just yet, but if the price is right I may drink the kool aid. I'm just getting my collection started, though, at 23 years old.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Personally...I would go for the G17...because that is the one I want next too! But I am looking for an early 2nd Gen without the rail or finger grooves...I like the feel much better! After that will be another G19...same era...same reasons!

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PROTECT YOURSELF!!!

54739_0.jpg

aluminum-foil-office-21.jpg

I can't believe you spent all that time wrapping your stuff in foil just to take pic of it to put on :ingo: :dunno:
    It will keep things from getting scratched.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I really like my M&P 9c its easy to carry, fun to shoot and really accurate, I need to look into the apex sear for mine

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you're looking for a 9mm, the Bersa 9UC is pretty nice. I have both the 9UC and 9HC and find both of them to be excellent shooters. It's rare to hear of anyone that owned a Bersa 9mm that did not like it.

If you want to dip a toe into the 1911 world, an RIA 1911 is a good place to test the waters. I have a compact RIA 1911 and love it. I've found it to be accurate and reliable and it is my daily carry gun about 60% of the time, with the Bersa 9UC the other 40%.

Now, if you want to taste the 1911 coolaid as well as add a BUG, the Sig P238 is pretty nice. I just picked on up yesterday and put 120 rounds through it today and am completely happy with it.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have owned the Beretta,Sig 226, MandP and Glock 17.
    I would say my overall favorite is the Beretta 92fs because I worked and shot alot of them. The Sig is easier to carry and shoots equally well as the Beretta. The Glock 17 has the advantage in the carry department and accessories are everywhere. The M&P I had was extremely reliable. We put my M&P 40 through one of those crazy mud,sand,etc torture tests (dont worry I have become wiser since then). I would have a hard time choosing between those so get what is more comfortable fro you.

Top Bottom