• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    I have came across a dilemma*** I recently found an 1837 danzig musket that was converted to percussion cap with the 1863 hammer setup. This thing is rough as all get out buuuuttt***, hammer and trigger are solid so I am thinking that with a little cleaning I could at least shoot blanks with it. Or at the very worst case scenario I have a nice piece of history as a wall hanger. What kind of thoughts do yall have on this?

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    have went over the musket real well and everything looks like it will be safe to at least run a blank or a few through.. only dilemma I have is that the nipple is to big for the caps that I have.. are there different sized caps out there? does anyone shoot these antique war horses if so where do you get your caps? or will I have to change the nipple out to fire it?

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    If it is a musket, it might take musket caps :P

Really though, if you're trying are #10 or #11 percussion caps, then it might take musket caps instead. IIRC they are a bit hotter and throw a bit more fire, gives more reliable ignition, etc..

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    i cant recall seeing them in a walmart around here, but more dedicated sporting goods stores (dunhams, perhaps?) and most gunshops should carry musket caps

Top Bottom