• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I picked up a 1st gen XD sub in .40cal, never been fired. The case was missing the holster and one mag. I put 50 rounds thru it, not that impressed with it.
    Is it worth trying to sell? A few told me the XD doesn't sell well, especially in .40cal. Maybe keep it for a bug out (backpack) gun?
    I really need to stop buying firearms at auctions!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I picked up a 1st gen XD sub in .40cal, never been fired. The case was missing the holster and one mag. I put 50 rounds thru it, not that impressed with it.
    Is it worth trying to sell? A few told me the XD doesn't sell well, especially in .40cal. Maybe keep it for a bug out (backpack) gun?
    I really need to stop buying firearms at auctions!!
    40 itself in many guns generally sells for less than 9 mm in the same guns.

I haven't been watching them really but have seen a number of sales on XD's for what appears to be fairly low prices. Seems like SA is moving away from the XD's but again it's not something I have watched.

You could always try putting it in the classies here.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    There's nothing wrong with them. They work, and they're reliable. It would be a fine nightstand gun or stash gun for convenient locations around the house where keeping one might be handy.

They're not my favorite platform...the grip is weird and I have trouble shooting them well, but I'm sure I could overcome that with a little practice. I've just never been motivated to do that as I already have other things I like better.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    They are fine pistols but never took off like Glock did. Years ago some of the original XD's had issues, but I own quite a few Springfields and they've all been flawless (I never did have one of the original XD's). A bit disappointed they've discontinued many of them, but from what I understand the factory is still supporting them.

Not made in the USA like Smith & Wesson, so those wanting USA made pistols made here likely didn't consider them. Polymer, striker fired pistols are a dime a dozen these days, but GLOCK has the lions share of that market.

You could always put it up for sale in the classifieds and see if you get any takers, or hang on to it. It'll likely serve you well for years to come.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    They are fine pistols but never took off like Glock did. Years ago some of the original XD's had issues, but I own quite a few Springfields and they've all been flawless (I never did have one of the original XD's). A bit disappointed they've discontinued many of them, but from what I understand the factory is still supporting them.

Not made in the USA like Smith & Wesson, so those wanting USA made pistols made here likely didn't consider them. Polymer, striker fired pistols are a dime a dozen these days, but GLOCK has the lions share of that market.

You could always put it up for sale in the classifieds and see if you get any takers, or hang on to it. It'll likely serve you well for years to come.
    It sure feels like XDs are on their last leg with the intro of Hellcat and Echelon. I think most of the XD line is focused on 10mm and maybe only one model of 9mm is left.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It sure feels like XDs are on their last leg with the intro of Hellcat and Echelon. I think most of the XD line is focused on 10mm and maybe only one model of 9mm is left.
    I believe you are correct. XDS is all but done, XDM went to the XDM Elite (which is likely done with Echolon here).

The XDM compacts are G19 size (G17 size with the ext mag) and real sweet shooters.

I haven't seen an Echolon yet, but it seems big!

Screenshot_20240723_223649_Chrome.jpg

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    I believe you are correct. XDS is all but done, XDM went to the XDM Elite (which is likely done with Echolon here).

The XDM compacts are G19 size (G17 size with the ext mag) and real sweet shooters.

I haven't seen an Echolon yet, but it seems big!

View attachment 368215
    Echelon’s slide look smaller height wise (kind of like a Glock to me) and seems to be closer to 4.5”

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For a serious use carry gun, I personally would not select a gun with a grip safety, particularly one that ties up the slide. You never know if you may need to fight injured, and I've personally broken my hand in a serious fight to the point my thumb was laid up against my forearm (yes, it's not supposed to bend that way). Because of that, the XD would be relegate to hobby use only if it were mine.

Top Bottom