• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I applied for my Indiana ltch and the application has been approved. This approval happened a short time ago, but I have yet to receive my card via mail. I'm guessing the holidays have it delayed a bit.

Since my approval form has the license number, etc is it acceptable to carry with that printed out in the interim?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    My guess would be no carrying until your license is in hand. At least that is what it always was in the past. The only way to be sure would be asking the ISP Firearms section. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I applied for my Indiana ltch and the application has been approved. This approval happened a short time ago, but I have yet to receive my card via mail. I'm guessing the holidays have it delayed a bit.

Since my approval form has the license number, etc is it acceptable to carry with that printed out in the interim?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

In your situation, you're legally fine to carry. You have a license number to reference, and you are licensed. You aren't required to have it on your person anymore.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Thank you both for your input. I am officially a proper person. The card arrived today (finally). I know things don't end here. More training and listening to the :ingo: experts needed ;)

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Well, since you're in Richmond, IN....what to do while waiting....buy a car at one of the many car lots, go see a movie, or go eat at one of the many franchised restaurants....other than that...there's not much to do there!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My guess would be no carrying until your license is in hand. At least that is what it always was in the past. The only way to be sure would be asking the ISP Firearms section. :)

They changed the Indiana code a few years ago, it used to state "with LTCH in possession" or similar, now it says without being licensed.

In your situation, you're legally fine to carry. You have a license number to reference, and you are licensed. You aren't required to have it on your person anymore.

Yep.

Top Bottom