• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    E5, no, he's not calling me a liar; he just finds it incredible that police stop people with obeying the law and then fumbling with their pistols and sweep the people that they are stopping for obeying the law.

The fact that he finds it incredulous is heartening.:D

I mean, until I had it happen to me, I would not believe that this nonsense transpired. However, the reason I posted it was so others could learn from my event. (I hope it's only one event).

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    1. I do not preemptively tell them as there are far too many examples of drivers having guns pointed at them (the police desire to finger guns concerns me as their gun skills are low and the opportunity to hurt others is very high), including my own experience of looking down the barrel of one of my own pistols.
    Just thought I would mention that looking down the barrel of their own (ISPs)gun is no more confidence inspiring...........but of course that was in the early 70's when my brain was turned off during college.:D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have known lots of LEO's, from ISP, IPD (IMPD), Speedway, and Marion County, most of the officers I have known were not gun people, besides their duty weapon they had no idea how to clear an unfamiliar firearms, I have even been swept by a LEO on a range, my advice to the OP is to keep it to himself, no need to escalate the already stressful situation by introducing a firearm when there is no reason for it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5, no, he's not calling me a liar; he just finds it incredible that police stop people with obeying the law and then fumbling with their pistols and sweep the people that they are stopping for obeying the law.

The fact that he finds it incredulous is heartening.:D

I mean, until I had it happen to me, I would not believe that this nonsense transpired. However, the reason I posted it was so others could learn from my event. (I hope it's only one event).

i hope it dont happen to you again either.

When i first joined INGO, i had never seen anything like it so I didnt realize at first how close of a community it was. I wish i could take back some things i said on here as a INGO noob, but unfortunatly I cant. I just hope this new member does one thing different than i did, and thats READ MORE THAN YOU POST for the first month or so. If i would have dont that I think I wouldnt have made an azz out of myself as bad. I feel truely gratefull that I have been allowed into such a great community and to be among so many like minded individuals. sure sometimes we get into heated debate and sometimes it goes too far (im working on that), but overall if the SHTF, im sure that we would all band together and be Americans First!! Im Honored to have met so many of you! Its good to have passionate people, who are so passionate about Freedom, and their 2A rights :patriot: :ingo:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    First of all let me state that at NO POINT IN TIME did I call Kirk a liar.
    I did state that I believe 1 of 2 scenarios existed. If they are not over dramatic misrepresentations of what happened, then Scenario 2 is valid and a complaint should have been filed in both cases.

I was not there.

No, my friend did not make anything up. It happened in front of him, much to his dismay. My friend was not cited after the ISP goat rodeo.

Same boat=The Truth Boat.:D ^^ Fair enough see my explanation above^^

Then I see you have never been stopped for obeying the law in Broad Ripple. However, I have and during which I got to see the muzzle of one of my pistols as IMPD pointed it back at me while he struggled with my 1911 like an ape from 2001.

Actually I have been stopped for walking around looking for where I parked in Broadripple ( I was the DD for a bachelor party for a college buddy road trip from BSU ) at 4:30am after an extensive night of babysitting and burritos as big as my head. The officer wasn't overly polite but basically just wanted to make sure I wasn't some drunken idiot about to perpetrate a DWI/DUI in his area. Again, I stand by my statement that you should have filed a complaint, that is reckless and against protocol action on the officers part and I don't think anyone can disagree.

I got a gun pointed at me and I got spit on. It was a great day to be a free citizen.

Again, this is ridiculously inappropriate behavior by an officer, why did you not file a complaint?

You can read all about it here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ying_in_broad_ripple_indy_gimp_encounter.html

Thanks, but I wasn't driving. I was walking out of a coffee shoppe, doing absolutely nothing illegal, immoral, or even fattening.

I AM THE COFFEE CARRIER.

:n00b: you dont know how to make friends very well do you?
    also your above highlighted statement doesnt suprise me. most people arent aware of half the bad things cops do unless they join INGO.

No, I'm really not the best at making new friends. I call them how I see them and a LOT of people don't like it. I'm an honest, law abiding citizen who happens to have quite a bit of exposure to LEO via family, friends and acquaintances.

I've been around quite a bit of police action. In college (Sadly BSU) I was probably at a minimum of 15 house parties that got raided by excise police and was never once issued a citation or arrested.

I've been pulled over numerous times for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time of night" (mostly due to my previous jobs and working odd hours although at least 4 times in the last 17 years of driving it has been for moving or vehicular malfunction violations).

I've been stopped by uniformed LEO on no less than 4 occasions while OC or lightly CC in public and they noticed I had a firearm.

So there are a solid 20-25 interactions outside of my social interactions (like I have stated elsewhere on the forums, I do have family members that are IN LEO and multiple friends across multiple agencies) with ISP and IMPD LEO where I have had amiable and non confrontational experiences with various Indiana LE agencies.

you will learn in due time. and maybe Kirk will forgive you for calling him a liar. All the new under 50 posters seem to come and start calling members liars for some reason???

I very strongly resent the fact that you state I called Kirk a liar. I presented two scenarios because while I may lean in one direction (believe it or not I see many MANY more aggressive, rude and inconsiderate actions committed by civilians than I have by LEO), I'm not completely myopic to the fact that some LEO are not fit to be LEO or severely need retraining.

Why is it you are stereotyping anyone who hasn't posted XXX# of times on this forum. Why do you feel that somehow an electronic communication on a public forum denotes real life experiences?

Does my lack of post count mean I have not been around violent crime or that I have not encountered as many tactical scenarios as someone with 5000 posts?

I'm truly enjoying this site and most of the interaction that takes place. I think if you re-read my post with a fresh perspective you'll see that while I'm leaning away from believing Kirk's stories in my OP (Because of my personal experiences), I do state that these things happen and they need to be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    First of all let me state that at NO POINT IN TIME did I call Kirk a liar.
    I did state that I believe 1 of 2 scenarios existed. If they are not over dramatic misrepresentations of what happened, then Scenario 2 is valid and a complaint should have been filed in both cases.

No, I'm really not the best at making new friends. I call them how I see them and a LOT of people don't like it. I'm an honest, law abiding citizen who happens to have quite a bit of exposure to LEO via family, friends and acquaintances.

I've been around quite a bit of police action. In college (Sadly BSU) I was probably at a minimum of 15 house parties that got raided by excise police and was never once issued a citation or arrested.

I've been pulled over numerous times for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time of night" (mostly due to my previous jobs and working odd hours although at least 4 times in the last 17 years of driving it has been for moving or vehicular malfunction violations).

I've been stopped by uniformed LEO on no less than 4 occasions while OC or lightly CC in public and they noticed I had a firearm.

So there are a solid 20-25 interactions outside of my social interactions (like I have stated elsewhere on the forums, I do have family members that are IN LEO and multiple friends across multiple agencies) with ISP and IMPD LEO where I have had amiable and non confrontational experiences with various Indiana LE agencies.

I very strongly resent the fact that you state I called Kirk a liar. I presented two scenarios because while I may lean in one direction (believe it or not I see many MANY more aggressive, rude and inconsiderate actions committed by civilians than I have by LEO), I'm not completely myopic to the fact that some LEO are not fit to be LEO or severely need retraining.

Why is it you are stereotyping anyone who hasn't posted XXX# of times on this forum. Why do you feel that somehow an electronic communication on a public forum denotes real life experiences?

Does my lack of post count mean I have not been around violent crime or that I have not encountered as many tactical scenarios as someone with 5000 posts?

I'm truly enjoying this site and most of the interaction that takes place. I think if you re-read my post with a fresh perspective you'll see that while I'm leaning away from believing Kirk's stories in my OP (Because of my personal experiences), I do state that these things happen and they need to be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

I take back my statement. you IMPLIED Kirk and his friend were liars. is that better. geesh.

also the fact that you have been stopped for OC and CC so many times makes you personaly a statistical rarity in Indiana. many of us have not once encountered a problem doing either.

also the fact that your friends with so many LEO's doesnt realy mean jack. i have LEO family and friends too, but they arent the ones i need to wory about beating me up and stomping my face in. most holster sniffers dont have problems with cops. (not calling you one, im just sayin)

your post count doesnt make you any less valid to me. i was just stating a fact that i have seen a lot on INGO. And if you read my post history, i like you am not afraid one bit to say the truth or what i believe in whether popular or not.

welcome to INGO. i havent been here that long either, but ive tried to make the most out of it so far, and ive been greatly rewarded.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I take back my statement. you IMPLIED Kirk and his friend were liars. is that better. geesh. Actually I meant to imply that perhaps these stories were embellished to lessen the originators responsibility for the situation. And yes, I believe to call someone out on embellishments is far better than impinging their character directly by calling them out and out liars. You'll notice that I only said I was LEANING in that direction due to my own experiences. It is almost as though you completely skipped over my scenario #2 which states that LEO is WAY out of line and needed to have a complaint filed against them.

also the fact that you have been stopped for OC and CC so many times makes you personaly a statistical rarity in Indiana. many of us have not once encountered a problem doing either.

Perhaps I am the statistical rarity but when you carry 98+% of the time you are out in public and you frequent locations that LEO have a presence, you're bound to get asked about it from time to time.

also the fact that your friends with so many LEO's doesnt realy mean jack. i have LEO family and friends too, but they arent the ones i need to wory about beating me up and stomping my face in. most holster sniffers dont have problems with cops. (not calling you one, im just sayin).

1. The fact that I'm friends/family with numerous LEO means perhaps I lean in their favor more often than not because I can guarantee you if I round a corner to an alley with one of them and someone I don't know both firing at each other, I'm going to draw and open fire on whoever is firing on the LEO.

2. I have no idea what a holster sniffer is. Should I have been offended?

your post count doesnt make you any less valid to me. i was just stating a fact that i have seen a lot on INGO. And if you read my post history, i like you am not afraid one bit to say the truth or what i believe in whether popular or not.

Outstanding, a man who believes and stands by what he says, definitely a respectable trait. +1 in my book.

welcome to INGO. i havent been here that long either, but ive tried to make the most out of it so far, and ive been greatly rewarded.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm not convinced it's meant with sincere warmth but thank you none the less. I don't have time in my life for hard feelings so.... hope you're not holding onto any.

^^ Replies inside ^^^ Haha it wouldn't let me just reply within the quote.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    SafeShootingDad: no i truely meant the warm welcome to INGO with sincereness. I carry 99.9% of the time and OC 95% of the time. and i also frequesnt places where there are LEO's, and i have worked with them a lot over my career. The holster sniffer thing was just a bit of sarcasm. Im not perfect in my post, so i do make mistakes. I agree that filing complaints were in order in those circumstances. I dont think you and I are that different now, realy. i guess i just misunderstood your original message. Sorry.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    SafeShootingDad: no i truely meant the warm welcome to INGO with sincereness. I carry 99.9% of the time and OC 95% of the time. and i also frequesnt places where there are LEO's, and i have worked with them a lot over my career. The holster sniffer thing was just a bit of sarcasm. Im not perfect in my post, so i do make mistakes. I agree that filing complaints were in order in those circumstances. I dont think you and I are that different now, realy. i guess i just misunderstood your original message. Sorry.

Thanks for the warm welcome then and no worries about the misunderstanding, I'm not a great communicator (at least that's what the Mrs. tells me).

There are far too many wolves in the world for the sheepdogs to be fighting over E-Bones.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I always would prefer to know if a motorist was carrying by their own admission. Its much better than to find out on my own later if the situation escalated for some reason. But that is from one standpoint. From a drivers standpoint, why create more hassle and trouble for the entire situation? Just adds to the time of you sitting there and waiting.

Personally, I always advise the officer I am carrying and where in the car the firearm is as he/she approaches with my hand at 10 and 2. It has always made things go smoothly and usually ends up in talking about guns for a minute with a fellow enthusiast. This is from my own personal experience on both sides of the issue, and only my opinion. I realize others have had unfortunate encounters, but I cannot comment on those since I have never witnessed it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I always would prefer to know if a motorist was carrying by their own admission. Its much better than to find out on my own later if the situation escalated for some reason. But that is from one standpoint. From a drivers standpoint, why create more hassle and trouble for the entire situation? Just adds to the time of you sitting there and waiting.

Personally, I always advise the officer I am carrying and where in the car the firearm is as he/she approaches with my hand at 10 and 2. It has always made things go smoothly and usually ends up in talking about guns for a minute with a fellow enthusiast. This is from my own personal experience on both sides of the issue, and only my opinion. I realize others have had unfortunate encounters, but I cannot comment on those since I have never witnessed it.

This has been my experience to a T. Sans the "From both sides of the issue" as I am just an armed civi.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    What are the proper procedures when being pulled over for a traffic violation when carrying?

Do you tell the officer you have a weapon?
    YES!!! Scream "I HAVE A GUN!!!" then reach down as fast as you can toward your seatbelt so if asked you can retrieve the handgun from your waste.
    Do you give him your permit with your drivers license?
    NO. Argue loudly and cite Indiana code explaining how you have no responsibility to identify yourself, or that you are legally able to carry a firearm on your person. Then roll up the window, stare straight forward, and one more time scream "I HAVE A GUN!!"
    Do you have to legally tell him?
    Only if your LTCH is green

Any other advice?
    -:D

Top Bottom