• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So as part of a trade for a real nice Ruger 10/22 that I recently acquired, mrortega paid for me to attend a seminar put on by Officer Harless of Canton PD entitled "Proven Tactics For Interacting With The Public." I will be in Canton the week of Nov 12-16, and I was just wondering what I could do during my free time.

It should be a great seminar, and I think I'll learn a lot from it that I can bring back to Indy and practice on people that I pull over.

Thanks mrortega!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

You can rent a punching bag to be delivered to your hotel room to practice putting that piece of hickory to good use.

You can acquire a mannequin from a local retailer to practice curb stomps between sessions.

You are in an area in which you do not have authority as a LEO, and presumably do not have the accompanying responsibilities and expectations, so you could indulge in sampling the offerings of the local 'service' industry.

You could go to auto dealerships and severely test drive high performance vehicles ostensibly for the purpose of offering input on future department purchases.

You could skip the punching bag and mannequin and go find some local hoodlums to work on--after all, its not like the local PD is actually going to give a damn.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Isn't that the home of the professional football hall of fame? If you are a football fan.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thought this would be a thread about that before I opened it...

Same here.

Frank, on a serious note, see if Officer Harless will let you ride along so you can see the Jack boots get put to work. It's one thing for him to lecture about their application, it's quite another to have a live demo.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I lived in Canton for 6 years. Pro Football Hall of Fame, Classic Car museum are probably your best bets. There some historic homes around if you're into that. Don't know about firearms related entertainment :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Fyi folks, it ain't "Officer" Harmless any longer....

As far as Canton, why not hit the NFL HoF while there. Or drive to Cleveland and visit the Rock & Roll HoF.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom