• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    True, you will find officers that as soon as they see the infraction, they'll pull you over immediately. But typically, more seasoned officers will wait until they have the conditions THEY want before attempting to pull someone over.
    I wish they would wait to get to a safe spot. See too many on the edge of a busy highway. Seems very dangerous, ecspecially for the Leo.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I am surprised by how often you guys get pulled over.

This! I haven't been pulled over in 12 years... it's a really easy situation to avoid. I go the speed limit, use turn signals, wear my seat belt, pay attention to the road, stop at red lights and stop signs, etc... this behavior has also caused me to be accident free for the past 18 years.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This! I haven't been pulled over in 12 years... it's a really easy situation to avoid. I go the speed limit, use turn signals, wear my seat belt, pay attention to the road, stop at red lights and stop signs, etc... this behavior has also caused me to be accident free for the past 18 years.
    I haven't been in a wreck in 21 years, but I do drive faster than the government thinks I should be allowed!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Go ahead and mark me down for -F to the 3rd power for my earlier advice. I left out one important step.

After jumping out of the vehicle. Lock your keys in the car to avoid any unconstitutional searches. Then scream I have gun.

After the curb stomping, demand the officer slim jim your car for you. If given any greif, remind the officer that you pay his salary.
    If your about to get a DUi or anything I guess start swerving back and forth. When you come to a stop jump out and start screaming bees while running in circles and flailing around like a fish out of water. Eventually the cops will drive off instead of being attacked by killer bees.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If your about to get a DUi or anything I guess start swerving back and forth. When you come to a stop jump out and start screaming bees while running in circles and flailing around like a fish out of water. Eventually the cops will drive off instead of being attacked by killer bees.

But I'm allergic to bees

[video=youtube;dU97w2DH5mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU97w2DH5mc[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My New Rules for Both Parties in a Traffic Stop:

For the Driver:

0. Avoid this situation by not violating traffic regulations.

1. Don't be a douche.
    2. Don't offer unnecessary information that does not pertain to the traffic stop.
    3. Don't lie, but don't offer information that does not pertain to the traffic stop.
    4. Do what you're told.
    5. The cop's safety is just as important to him as yours is to you.
    6. Accept the ticket and fight it in court if you're not guilty.

For the Cop:

1. Don't be a douche.
    2. Don't ask questions that aren't pertinent to the traffic stop like whether or not someone is legally armed when you have no suspicions that a crime has been committed.
    3. The driver's safety is just as important as yours.
    4. KNOW THE LAWS you are enforcing.
    5. Handling a previously holstered weapon solely for the sake of "officer safety" is foolish and greatly increases the risk of a negligent discharge. If it's in a holster or otherwise stowed and the driver's hands are in plain sight, just leave it there unless you have a legitimate reason to do otherwise. Disarming someone just because you can is a douche move (see #1).

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My New Rules for Both Parties in a Traffic Stop:

For the Driver:

0. Avoid this situation by not violating traffic regulations.

1. Don't be a douche.
    2. Don't offer unnecessary information that does not pertain to the traffic stop.
    3. Don't lie, but don't offer information that does not pertain to the traffic stop.
    4. Do what you're told.
    5. The cop's safety is just as important to him as yours is to you.
    6. Accept the ticket and fight it in court if you're not guilty.

For the Cop:

1. Don't be a douche.
    2. Don't ask questions that aren't pertinent to the traffic stop like whether or not someone is legally armed when you have no suspicions that a crime has been committed.
    3. The driver's safety is just as important as yours.
    4. KNOW THE LAWS you are enforcing.
    5. Handling a previously holstered weapon solely for the sake of "officer safety" is foolish and greatly increases the risk of a negligent discharge. If it's in a holster or otherwise stowed and the driver's hands are in plain sight, just leave it there unless you have a legitimate reason to do otherwise. Disarming someone just because you can is a douche move (see #1).

See that's what I like about you Rino. You just say it like it is, "cut right to the bone".

This is the best answer so far!

Rep headed your way :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    1. Handling a previously holstered weapon solely for the sake of "officer safety" is foolish and greatly increases the risk of a negligent discharge. If it's in a holster or otherwise stowed and the driver's hands are in plain sight, just leave it there unless you have a legitimate reason to do otherwise. Disarming someone just because you can is a douche move (see #1).

Yes, 100 times, yes.

This is what has always boggled my mind when you read stories about a gun being confiscated for "safety". HANDLING it, is not SAFE. Seems like common sense to me..

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, 100 times, yes.

This is what has always boggled my mind when you read stories about a gun being confiscated for "safety". HANDLING it, is not SAFE. Seems like common sense to me..

That's what we need, common sense gun...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, 100 times, yes.

So from now on we should ask them to take off their belt too?

:naughty:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes, 100 times, yes.

Not to mention, the warm fuzzy feeling that the person is now unarmed.
    Cause, you know, no one could have a 2nd gun.

Baba Looey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Don't lie. Don't volunteer info, Put yourself in the officers shoe's. How would you like to be treated? He or she is doing a job and trying to make a living like the rest of us good tax paying citizens. They like to go home at the end of the day to their loved ones as we all do. Enuff said.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not to mention, the warm fuzzy feeling that the person is now unarmed.
    Cause, you know, no one could have a 2nd gun.

We've had Members discuss just that situation. One was handcuffed, they took his OC handgun never knowing he had a BUG in his back pocket, right by his handcuffed hands.

Top Bottom