• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Loved my FAL but sold it because the ammo was just so pricey. I agree with several of the posters just hold on to your money and wait for the right AK to pop up. You won't be disappointed.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I got the cash just need to find the right firearm.

I like the M1 Garands but something has keep me from picking one up. But if I find the right deal I will grab one for sure.
    You might want to look at the CMP website, the Garand's they sell are first rate - ammo is reasonable also. Its a little hassle to become registered (Have to prove you belong to a CMP affiliated organization, proof of citizenship, etc. etc.) but once registered, don't think you will beat the quality and pricing! For $995 + shipping they will send a CMP Special Grade Garand directly to your house in a hard shell carrying case. These are completely refurbished with a new barrel, walnut furniture etc. and are worth $400 to $500 more on the market the day you receive them.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    My votes for inexpensive goodies.

If you dont have one
    an 870 or 500, ammo is cheap, plenty around.

S&W 22A or Ruger MkII, fun plinkers when the ammo comes back around.

GSG 22 Fun, exotic looking and accurate, played with one multiple times and I love em!

M44 Nagant, cheap ammo, you can stock up now, plenty around.

Basic saiga in 7.62 Cheaper, ammo not so pricey but tricky to find on occasion, alot of price varibles.

Black powder inline, etc Rifle, The ritual of self loading and supplies are obtainable just about anywhere.

IZH MP pellet rifles Russian pellet rifle, you can set up in your back yard, pellets are cheap and wont cost you alot of cash.. http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/-22-caliber-hunting-air-guns.html

:ingo:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Warhawk77 you mention wanting guns that are fun for your family to shoot and are a fan of milsurp. Might I suggest the M1 carbine. A sweet firing gun with a history in a size and calibre that younger folks can be comfortable handling and firing. The ammunition isnt difficult to get hold of currently, either. If you want that value in twenty years I don't think you can go wrong with a Springfield 03A3 and 30-06 is a great calibre but has a lot of kick. I'm also personally a big fan of Remington 700s which hold their value well and if you get an older one well cared for are beautiful pieces of workmanship.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Warhawk77 you mention wanting guns that are fun for your family to shoot and are a fan of milsurp. Might I suggest the M1 carbine. A sweet firing gun with a history in a size and calibre that younger folks can be comfortable handling and firing. The ammunition isnt difficult to get hold of currently, either. If you want that value in twenty years I don't think you can go wrong with a Springfield 03A3 and 30-06 is a great calibre but has a lot of kick. I'm also personally a big fan of Remington 700s which hold their value well and if you get an older one well cared for are beautiful pieces of workmanship.

I thought about the M1 and I really like it. But the price turned me off.

I picked up 5 black powder revolvers. I'm looking at 2 steyr m95 rifles and a mosin type 53.

Kids can't shoot m95 but the black powder could be toned down for them.

Top Bottom