• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    It's a bit of a drive from Castleton, but I've heard the Greenwood location has good selection. I go there every once in awhile just to get an idea of what's comfortable and they have a good selection if you can get someone to help you.

I heard the south store was bigger....might have to make the trip this week sometime. Thanks

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Don't forget you can buy from them online for a better selection and FREE shipping.

Been looking online too...I think my real problem is I don't "need" anything right now...lol

I will probably just nickle/dime it away on little things here or there. And as several said they run sales constantly so i am sure over time something will pop up too good to pass up.

Also, read they are having a used gun blow out next week so might stop in for that too.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Ever thought about archery? They have a whole section on that.

Can't speak to the quality or pricing, though.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I've heard (but never personally seen) that you can occasionally find a decent deal on their used guns. Their optics are overpriced, but not as bad as their guns from what I've seen.

I sympathize with your predicament though. I haven't been back to GM since 2009 when I saw their "this is the absolute lowest price we can sell ammo for" sign next to $45/100 .223 and $50/100 Remington UMC .45 acp.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sell the gift card to someone for cash? Perhaps at a slight discount to them, then go to your local gun shop for some serious shopping?

This.

I'm sure someone would buy your $700 gift card for $600. That way they save $100, and you are freed up to go spend the $600 on something that you actually want. Plus an $800 gun at Gander is probably a $600 gun anywhere else.

It's a win-win. :yesway:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I think Gander Mnt runs some auctions on Gun Broker. Maybe you could win something there and pay for it using your gift card. Just a thought.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Gift Card Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Gift Cards Online | Cardpool

I use this site to sell off old gift cards I had or ones I didn't use. It is pretty easy just enter you amount and they tell you what they will give you for it and if you decide to sell it, you get a check in the mail from them.

This way you can get some cash to spend somewhere else other than GM

Thanks...going to check them out and see what they will offer

Wowzer...they will only offer $500...pass (Thanks for the idea though)

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Gander mnt has some of the best prices ive found on camo and other hunting items.

I was able to get a rugar 10/22 there a few years ago for about 120$. Sometimes they do have excellent gun sales.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I'd add some cash and buy the m&p ar15 with the eotech sight that they have on sale.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I too go online to look at Gander Mountain's selection of used firearms. The price for the used gun is usually way over priced and there is no way to get them to reduce the price. I have wrote to their Customer Service to make an offer on a used pistol but they never replied. I found a High Standard pistol on their website 2 days ago and once again wrote to their customer service to make the offer...still waiting for response. I went in to the local Gander Mountain here in Fort Wayne to ask about the used guns on the website. The guy at the firearms counter said he didn't think I would have any luck negotiating a price for the online used guns.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas...really got me thinking.

I have landed on getting a longer range bolt action rifle...again in the $700 range. The Remington 700 SPS seem really nice and good reviews??

So my question for the experts would be in what caliber??

I am not partial to any specific one caliber but...
    Has to have legs for some range 300+ yards (500 + would be awesome) with accuracy
    Would like to be able to hunt with it (outside Indiana) - This is secondary

GM offers everything from 22-250 up to 7mm

Thanks again for your insights and help!

Top Bottom