• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I got a $700 gift card from GM (as a gift) and despite visiting several times and their website almost daily I just cannot figure what to get. Part of "my" issue is just how overpriced they are...even though not technically my money still sucks to over pay. :dunno:

So INGO friends what you would buy if you had $700 to spend at GM? (looking for ideas)

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Check out their on sale ammo. That's the only thing I regularry find at acceptable prices there. And, sometimes they have a pretty good unadvertised in-store gun on sale.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    odds and ends. their ammo and firearms are stupidly over priced. prices on safes are pretty decent. i picked up a Centurion a few months ago, fire rating sucks but its secure. if i did it again id get a better model.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Yep, ammo. And oh a Remington 870 Express Tactical if they ever get one in stock. :xmad:

Picked up couple boxes of Critical Defense for my carry...but reload all my range ammo.

Already have a 870 tactical :D

Keep the ideas coming through...was thinking maybe I could use it to prep with ( need to start :( But they don't seem to carry anything like Wise or Thrive so still looking

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Find you a gun that you like there, but don't want to spend that much of your hard earned cash on, and put that $700 towards it. It should then be acceptable.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Find you a gun that you like there, but don't want to spend that much of your hard earned cash on, and put that $700 towards it. It should then be acceptable.

This was actually my first thought...the terrible part is the the Castleton store has a horrible selection so just haven't found "the gun" I really want. Might break down and get my son a Mossberg 715T .22 for Xmas (but the are $150 more than they should be)

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sell the gift card to someone for cash? Perhaps at a slight discount to them, then go to your local gun shop for some serious shopping?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'd buy whatever gun I could that I liked near the $700. If you think their new guns are marked to high look at the used selection. I've seen a couple used guns that were priced very fairly. If it were me with $700 I've but a new CZ 455 and as much 22 ammo as I could. ;)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    This was actually my first thought...the terrible part is the the Castleton store has a horrible selection so just haven't found "the gun" I really want. Might break down and get my son a Mossberg 715T .22 for Xmas (but the are $150 more than they should be)

It's a bit of a drive from Castleton, but I've heard the Greenwood location has good selection. I go there every once in awhile just to get an idea of what's comfortable and they have a good selection if you can get someone to help you.

Top Bottom