• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Looking at new tires for the suburban. It has the stock 275/55/20 Bridgestone street treads in it. They're still life left in them but I want something a little more aggressive. I'm really leaning towards nitto terra grapplers. Has really good luck with them on my 2500 hd. Got good mileage out of them and were just aggressive enough for some mud. I don't plan on muddin the burb but I may need to go off road at some point. Also I want something good for snow and ice.

So let me know what you're runnin.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Don't want to break the bank. Had dueler revos in my trucks and didn't care for them. Thought about bfg's but they're quite a bit more than the nittos. Don't want the km2s. Not doing serious off roadin. Trying to get away from the highway type tires. Would like to stay under $300/ tire

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Don't want to break the bank. Had dueler revos in my trucks and didn't care for them. Thought about bfg's but they're quite a bit more than the nittos. Don't want the km2s. Not doing serious off roadin. Trying to get away from the highway type tires. Would like to stay under $300/ tire
    I got the NEW TOYO OPEN COUNTRY 265/70/17 mounted & balance for $160 per tire

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I am running Yokohama Geolander All Terrain. Have had them on my GMC Sierra Z71 for about 4 years now. great tires and have worn very little and Ive put atleast 45k on them.
    They were $108 each at tirewarehouse.com shipped free

235-75-R16 (truck is a 1999)

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    BFG A/T.

The BFG is more expensive then the Nitto Terra-Grappler? It was the other way around when I was looking. Pro-Comp A/T was cheapest, and is junk, then BFG A/T, then everything else. Where are you looking? I got mine from 4 Wheel Parts on the eastside of Indy, talk with Craig.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Cooper Discovers 3. I have had them for a couple of months now and like them. They are agressive, but smooth on the road. They have a 50,000 mile waranty and I got a $100 rebate.

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    BFG Rugged Trail tires have an aggressive look and are smooth on the road. I never have a problem driving in thru mud either.​

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm running the Yokohoma Geolander H/T-S on my full size SUV. I'm thinking this will be my third winter with them. They have worn very consistently, although if I had to make a complaint about them, it's due to the hard compound. They wear very slowly due to the compound, but after a couple of years going thru heat cycles I've noticed that the road noise is much louder now than when first purchased.

Last month I had the Cooper Discover H/T Plus put on the gf's Durango. I love these tires. Very aggressive/impressive tread pattern, and just a sharp looking tire. They seem quiet and the ride is very smooth. I'm anxious to see how these perform.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I need to do tires on the Explorer fairly soon.
    Any best ideas on timing, ie now vs next month?
    Do you wait for rebates?
    What about buying them online? Particulars, installers, etc?
    Wheel weights on inside vs outside of alloy wheels?
    Having alignment checked with new tires?
    Are you still stuck with the annoying tire disposal fees?

Top Bottom