• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Seriously, am I one of the only people in this thread who understands this concept?

Switching to Euros if the economic system collapses? How? And why the hell would I trade my food for your piece of metal with 'Euro' stamped on it?

Same with Africa - I won't deny that the U.N. is doing more harm than good - but what the hell good are diamonds for? You can't eat diamonds, folks. When it truly and deeply hits the fan, your wedding bands will be worthless in every sense of the word. (Africa also doesn't have much oil.... or lumber... or food crops... or useful metals like brass or tin or steel or copper - you know, metals which can be used to reload your own ammunition.)

I'm not trading my ammunition or food for anything short of another rifle. To hell with your Krugerrands and gold bullion and wedding bands and trinkets. I'm going to be too busy scavenging for berries and nuts and trying to grow tomatoes in Southern Indiana in the dead of winter (as that would be the worst time of year for that sort of thing to happen, and Murphy's law reigns).

I mean, are you guys serious or are you just pulling my leg, here?

I hope for your sakes that it's the latter, gentlemen.

:twocents:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    This is why the UN keeps the continent of Africa in such turmoil. The resources like gold, oil, diamonds, etc...are so abundant there that if they ever organized, it would throw the entire world economy into a complete state of disarray. It would be completely uncontrollable, unpredictable and unstable. They're just stirring the pot in Africa waiting for the rest of the controlled world to run out, then structure will be introduced and a great war will follow for control of the continent.

Nigerian President has been seen since November. Problem with stirring the pot is sometimes the edges spill over and have to put a new despot ruler in his place. Bannana Republics anyone?

Last edited:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    In the event of a food-crisis SHTF, the value of seeds will increase at a far greater rate than gold. (i.e. gold may double in price whereas seeds may go up 10x in price)

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Unfortunately, that is not true. You have to pay rent (in the form of property taxes) to Indiana for the rest of your life, or it will be taken from you.

They can also take your property through Eminent Domain. This was used to take property for the purpose of publice utilities, highways and railroads. However more people are loosing there property this way by developers who want to build strip malls and etc. Walmart is a big abuser of this.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I agree w/throttlejockey about Africa, also I'm sure in Argentina its the rich who those ppl were trading wedding bands etc. to...much like the gold party buyers here...they have money and the ppl selling gold feel they need money. and isnt paper money and for that matter the token metal coins we have now based on a gold standard I am pretty sure papermoney used to say something like redeemablefor gold...I know old coins are the same amount of metal(gold silver, copper) that they were worthat the time, thats why 1800s pennies are so big and the coins get smaller as the metal went up. like five dollar gold piece size of a dime...(early 1900s)

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    In A True collapse, all these riches are just shinny trinkets, as far as argintina the reson gold was worth anything is that it was localized, someone somewhere else still had money to invest in their trouble and get gold at low price, if a real shtf happens there wont be anyboby that will value trinkets and thing like food, guns, and ammo will replce gold, There has to be a market for something for it to have value,In a large national or global situation gold would hold far much value because it only use is to represent wealth,if there is no wealth who needs gold for those how believe everything they hear the say it this way. A BMW is a expensive auto but in a shtf senerio were survial is in question it aint worth crap compared to a 4X4 1ton, can haul crap in a BMW

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I will say this, Gold itself is not as liquid as silver....What would a oz. of Gold get you? It might fill your tank with gas, buy a bag of rice etc......It is not the only thing you should have but I would think it could be used as a barter tool.

BUT, Guns, ammo, Food, and Medicine would also be..

There will be some value to Gold and Silver, just what that value is I do not know.

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    Seriously, am I one of the only people in this thread who understands this concept?:twocents:

I'm with you 100% on this. I'm a little late to the thread, but I've never put any faith in gold. It's only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it. If everyone's hungry and scared, they will have their minds on other things like food and protection. Simple as that.

Top Bottom