• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    16 is the legal age of consent in Indiana. The only thing that makes this illegal is that she worked at the school. Kinda silly to charge her with a felony when they are both consenting adults. In this case double standard has nothing to with it, they are Both adults.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    16 is the legal age of consent in Indiana. The only thing that makes this illegal is that she worked at the school. Kinda silly to charge her with a felony when they are both consenting adults. In this case double standard has nothing to with it, they are Both adults.

I know someone that would agree with the consenting adults thing even though the courts and his girlfriend's (now wife's) parents didn't. She was 16 (about to turn 17), he was 18 (about to turn 19) and both were graduating soon. He ended up with a similar initial charge and the same sort of plea with the reduction. She had her own apartment and paid her own bills. And as far as the legality, no...the double standard has nothing to do with it but in EVERY thread like this you see it and it doesn't matter the age difference. There are people that would switch places in a second but if the genders were reversed they're calling for blood.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Her plea deal got her probation and she doesn't have to register as a sex offender. If she completes probation without issue, she can try to have the felony reduced. For those that see the double standard but don't think anything was really wrong, imagine it was your 16-17 year old daughter and an assistant football coach in his 20's. I'm guessing the majority wanting to break their arms high fiving the kid wouldn't be having the same feelings. That said, it seems like at least 75% of the female teachers/coaches/whatever that get caught up in a situation like this are fairly decent looking. I'm guessing there are some issues or crazy involved (besides the obvious...them being female).

yes, but in your situation do you think the girl had been lied to at all in that relationship? do you think this 22 year old REALLY had to lie to this kid to blow him in a Kroger parking lot? its not a double standard, its a completely different situation all together. if we can try a 17 year old for a crime as an adult, why is he now a minor and all of a sudden cant make decisions for himself? but if he shot someone they would want to put him in jail for life, IMO that's the double standard

not condoning what she did, because she stupid.

but the fact of the matter is males and females inherently see sexual activity and many other things in completely different lights. I don't buy the "we are all people" "girls and guys are the same" etc etc bull****. men and women are different. this politically correct society wants to deny this fact, and I think that it should be brought up more often

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I ask myself, why didn't this happen to me when I was in school :dunno:

I went to school with some pretty suave fellas that looked older than their years. It was rumored and I believe some of it that a few of these guys talked a couple of the teachers out of their under garments. Just saying.....:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I suppose the thing that stands out to me is that I am aware of only a couple of situations of this nature, both ended well and secret enough to get by. In one of those cases, the two involved got married, had two now adult sons and are right up against retirement age. In the other, with the guy a year ahead of my in school and the teacher ~5 years older than him, were still married the last time I heard.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For those that see the double standard but don't think anything was really wrong, imagine it was your 16-17 year old daughter and an assistant football coach in his 20's. I'm guessing the majority wanting to break their arms high fiving the kid wouldn't be having the same feelings.

I'll admit my bias. If it was a male teacher/coach/whatever I absolutely would feel differently about it. Legally, I'd treat it the same. Ethically, I don't look at it the same at all. I know that doesn't jive with 'everyone is equal and we're all the same on the inside' that's the mantra today, but girls aren't boys and boys aren't girls.

All in all, a great reason to not work in Sex Crimes.

Top Bottom