• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I honestly think this is absurd. She happens to be an assistant cheerleading coach. She is not a teacher at the school. The kid is 17 and is not affiliated with her through school at all. Now she's a sexual predator simply because she was a cheerleading assistant coach at the same school the kid went to. She's 22, he's 17. Bad decisions, but not what it appears based on the headline.

“We wouldn’t be having this conversation if it was her and some other gentleman who doesn’t go to the school or isn’t part of the school system, but unfortunately in this case, it was and it made it illegal,” said Lt. Michael Turner, Shelbyville Police Department.

this is the legal equivalent of a filet knife in a car being called a weapon and a kid expelled from school. The only reason it's a big deal is a tangential relationship to a school. I hope she gets a jury trial of reasonable people, but she's probably mortified and a normal person and will just take a plea to end it. I sure hope this does not lead to the sexual crime registry.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shelbyville cheerleading coach arrested on child seduction charge | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

really? just REALLY?

why couldn't I have had that happen to me when I was in high school?!?! No one can say it wasn't consensual, but there are limited details about what happened and in what parking lot. ha

for her though, there are hundreds of thousands of other dudes out there. why you so stupid?

There seems to be a double standard in cases like this. Whenever it's a female teacher doing the "seducing", we guys (being the horndogs we are) tend to react this way. However if the tables are turned, and it's a 20-something male teacher "seducing" a 16 or 17 year old female student, we're calling for his head (or other body parts). :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There seems to be a double standard in cases like this. Whenever it's a female teacher doing the "seducing", we guys (being the horndogs we are) tend to react this way. However if the tables are turned, and it's a 20-something male teacher "seducing" a 16 or 17 year old female student, we're calling for his head (or other body parts). :dunno:

She wasn't a teacher, she was simply an assistant cheerleading coach.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't disagree with you, just am upset at what this lady is facing and want to keep pointing out she's not a teacher. If she met him through a non-school contact it would be interesting to defend.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't disagree with you, just am upset at what this lady is facing and want to keep pointing out she's not a teacher. If she met him through a non-school contact it would be interesting to defend.
    Yep, but I'm sure the prosecution will argue that teacher or not, she was in a position of authority (albeit not directly over him). Even if not a teacher, they will probably assert that she was an "agent of the school" or some such.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I don't disagree, Doc but she should have known better. She couldn't have been so ignorant to know what she was doing was probably illegal. If she can't control her self any better than that maybe a lesson like this is what she needs to learn a new life-skill or two.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What if the kid is a senior and graduating in two weeks?

If you guys were on the jury (not sure this would get that?) would you convict her of a crime if the result would be sex-offender registry? Based on what I read here I would not.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    She couldn't have been so ignorant to know what she was doing was probably illegal.

She COULD be that ingnert. I have been around a few cheer coaches, and, well... I better stop now.:D As a part time assistant coach of a cheerleading squad, what authority did she hold over the boy? Now if the boy was on the cheer squad, or she was teacher in the school, fine.

If she can't control her self any better than that maybe a lesson like this is what she needs to learn a new life-skill or two.

A class D felony is what she needs to be taught not to be a slut? I would think firing her would be sufficient.:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you guys were on the jury (not sure this would get that?) would you convict her of a crime if the result would be sex-offender registry? Based on what I read here I would not.

I would have a tough time sitting on that jury.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I most likely would not, given that it appears to have been consensual. It's not like she dragged him into a windowless van and had her way with him. That's one of the unfortunate things about the sex offender registry. An 18 year old that gets caught by an irate parent with their 17 year old daughter can be branded a sex offender, when clearly he is not. (And vice versa for an 18 year old girl and 17 year old boy).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good grief. Definitely bad judgment under the circumstances, but hardly worth f**king up the rest of her life over it. I believe we have reached the point at which having sex is legally as complex and convoluted as filing your taxes long form. What could possibly go wrong?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obligatory.

3052456-7258304315-13544.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    some states have changed it from teacher "to person of infulence" cause what stops a boss, or pastor, or like person from commiting the act?

we had an instance where a recently graduated person(male from another school) had chemistry with a high school senior(female) since the male was a employee of the school(he was paid by the band) and the girl was a student(even tho he was only a year older than she was, she was 18 he was 19), they were not allowed to date. if he had quit, they could've dated, and not broken any laws

in that instance the law is bs, after she graduated they dated for a little while.

yes this cheerleading coach is hot!, but she is a person of "infulence" in this young persons life.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What throws me is that she could walk into any bar (straight) in the country and have guys all over her. What's her mentality?

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside

when I was a 17 year old high school student, baring some very very perverse things, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT WOMAN COULD "SEXUALLY ASSAULT ME" and it not be 10000% consensual lol

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Her plea deal got her probation and she doesn't have to register as a sex offender. If she completes probation without issue, she can try to have the felony reduced. For those that see the double standard but don't think anything was really wrong, imagine it was your 16-17 year old daughter and an assistant football coach in his 20's. I'm guessing the majority wanting to break their arms high fiving the kid wouldn't be having the same feelings. That said, it seems like at least 75% of the female teachers/coaches/whatever that get caught up in a situation like this are fairly decent looking. I'm guessing there are some issues or crazy involved (besides the obvious...them being female).

Top Bottom