• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The process was designed to erect barriers to entry to dissuade people from even bothering. No one should be surprised.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The process was designed to erect barriers to entry to dissuade people from even bothering. No one should be surprised.

THIS

If all it took were $200 extra and a NICS like any other gun, then I would have a ton of NFA stuff already. Instead, I wasted a year before sending out my first forms just because of the extra steps involved.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Maybe if we all quit calling in for status checks, they could get an extra form or two per hour!!!:abused:

Like MikeA said, the examiners don't answer the phone. Have you ever actually tried to talk to an examiner? It's pretty tough to get to them.

The people answering the phones are contracted CSR's. They don't examine forms, they just answer phones. Calling DOES NOT slow the process.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Just an update for those of you keeping track of time.

Called today and guess what?

You guessed it, "Pending June 3rd".

I am starting to think that means I should be good to go next June 3rd. Going back to sleep now.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Like MikeA said, the examiners don't answer the phone. Have you ever actually tried to talk to an examiner? It's pretty tough to get to them.

Not really.. I was forwarded to an examiner who picked up the phone on the first ring...

(Was asking if they had recieved an adandum to a form 1)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

The people answering the phones are contracted CSR's. They don't examine forms, they just answer phones. Calling DOES NOT slow the process.

Not true. I've had my examiner answer the phone because everyone was in a meeting. I ask for her and get forwarded to her straight away. Now if she'd stop mailing my approved form 3s to random dealers...

Top Bottom