What states are Indiana Lic recognized in?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Permit Honored:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Permit Not Honored:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia

Right Denied:
    Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

twoguntommy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I suggest calling the State Police of the state you plan to travel to or in and find out for sure. I don't trust the info on websites, it could be outdated. Although Us Handgunlaw.us tends to keep things pretty updated. I avoid states where I'm not allowed to carry, particularly Illinois, and Wisconsin.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I suggest calling the State Police of the state you plan to travel to or in and find out for sure. I don't trust the info on websites, it could be outdated. Although Us Handgunlaw.us tends to keep things pretty updated. I avoid states where I'm not allowed to carry, particularly Illinois, and Wisconsin.
    On handgunlaw.us the date of the last update is displayed on the listing for each state. When you carry into another state be sure to read the laws so you are aware of off-limits areas and if you are required to inform an officer that you are carrying. If you may need to travel through a state that does not recognize the Indiana permit call the state LE office regarding lawful transport of a firearm (if it's possible).

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Last summer, my son went to Florida. He went to the official state websites of all the states he would be traveling thru. He printed the information on carrying with an out of state permit for each state. He planned to show that to any local LEO who might not be familiar with his own state's laws if he was stopped.

He didn't need to use it, but I thought it was a good idea.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers

You can carry in Wisconsin, OC.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You can carry in Wisconsin, OC.

Technically, yes, you can. You can also expect to be hassled big time. Of note, you cannot carry in a vehicle in WI, however, even OC.

There was a recent story on here of a gentleman in Milwaukee (I think) who was arrested on his own property while planting some trees because he was in his own yard, open-carrying. As it happened, he prevailed in court, however IIRC, the police chief still said that his officers will be instructed to take anyone found carrying a firearm to the ground prior to ascertaining the legality of them doing so. In short, treat them like a criminal until they can prove their innocence. I seem to recall something about the reverse being how we do things in America.

Welcome to Amerika 2.0, tovarisch. :rolleyes:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom