What sorts of targets do you tend to shoot at???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    It varies for me. I got a hold of some lifesize silhouette targets. I like top put Bin Ladens or Saddam's face on em and give them hell once in a while. I have a lot of different targets I can print off and I try to use them in different drills and for training aids.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    shoot n c, clays, junk shotshell hulls, and my favorite is balloons, 40 pack is like a dollar, staple them to the target board and you are garuanteed to see a hit!..Oh and DUCKS...LOTS OF DUCKS!!!

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    For plinking, I prefer splatter targets, but I usually use NRA pistol targets, or note paper, or spent shotgun shells

For defense practice I use paper plates.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The NRA prohibits the use of "human" type targets and only allows targets up to the "tombstone" type. Therefore, for NRA classes I use plain letter-type paper with 6-inch circles and Xs in the middle--can get copies for six cents.

An 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper turned sideways approximates the size of the thoracic cavity, and the 6" circle in the middle would be excellent defensive accuracy.

For non-NRA classes, I use a silhouette target I made on Microsoft Publisher with point values based on how effective hits to a particular region would be in physiological incapacitation. I have these printed at the same copy shop, but at 18" x 24", they are more expensive--about $1.50 each!

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    i usualy use a cardboard cut out like a silloette for pistol and for rifle i use paper target like bullseye or some thing similar or even a paper plate stapled to cardboard works !

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    If shooting at MCF&G then I almost exclusively shoot at Bobcat Steel AR500 targets.

If shooting elsewhere almost exclusively some sort of "Shoot N See" target because my eyesight is horrible and I like to "see what I'm hitting".

clownsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Fishers
    For plinking, jugs of water. Sometimes with a few drops of food coloring for effect. Sometimes zombie headshot targets....what? You have to give yourself some variety every now and then...

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a board that I put about 20 clay pigeons on and use them for handgun and rifle, you can get very far away and still tell if you hit one looking with the scope. They are cheap and you get the gratification of seeing them brake up.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Paper plates with a circle for an aiming point for the rifle, half size b-21's or something similar for defensive handgun work.
    For an afternoon shooting 22's, there is a pile of pop cans by the target that get set along a log .

Top Bottom