• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    pops is open on sunday good day 4 the range but they need better ventalation the range dont seem as nice as it used to be

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    If you are on the southside, the Outdoorsman is open on Sundays. Good selection of shotguns and rifles, decent selection on handguns. Prices tend to be middle of the road (not as good as plainfield better than Gander) I have found a few good deals there on used guns.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Midwest Gun and Range in Elkhart is open on Sundays between Labor Day and Memorial Day. Other than that I'm not sure of any more that are.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Outdoorsman, in Greenwood, is just across SR 135 from Target's south end (stoplight at this entrance)

I've been in there several times and haven't purchased anything. Folks will tell you that their prices are better than Gander, but I haven't seen it. Pretty comparable in my opinion.

-J-

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The best thing at the Outdoorsman is Anna that used to work at Bradis. If you dont know her, she is the lady back at the firearms section.

Stop in and say hello to her, she is very knowledgable and a super nice lady.:wavey:

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    The Outdoorsman, in Greenwood, is just across SR 135 from Target's south end (stoplight at this entrance)

I've been in there several times and haven't purchased anything. Folks will tell you that their prices are better than Gander, but I haven't seen it. Pretty comparable in my opinion.

-J-

I have bought two handguns from the Outdoorsman this year...and about 12 from other places locally. All that to say, while I tend to find much better deals elsewhere, they do have an occasional deal. For example, I bought a Sig P228 that was made in Germany in the early '90s from the Outdoorsman in April. It was listed as used but appeared to be new (even though it was about 15 years old). It had the box, test target, mags, etc. and appeared to be unfired. Anyway, I bought this for $400 (the factory certified used ones from Sig run about $550).

Additionally, two guns I looked into buying that I compared both there and at Gander were both more expensive at Gander ($40 and $30 respectively). On the other hand, when I picked up my Ruger Single Six .22 they (The Outdoorsman) had theirs priced about $40 too high and I went to see Russ at Elmore's and he just ordered me the gun for 10% over his cost.

All that to say, it (the Outdoorsman) is not my first place to buy a gun...but since I live by there and they are open on Sundays, I will drop by and see what they have. I have found that all of the places around here are hit or miss. Some may consistently have higher or lower prices but you can find deals at just about any of them if you frequent them often enough or at the right time and know what you are looking for.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have bought two handguns from the Outdoorsman this year...and about 12 from other places locally. All that to say, while I tend to find much better deals elsewhere, they do have an occasional deal. For example, I bought a Sig P228 that was made in Germany in the early '90s from the Outdoorsman in April. It was listed as used but appeared to be new (even though it was about 15 years old). It had the box, test target, mags, etc. and appeared to be unfired. Anyway, I bought this for $400 (the factory certified used ones from Sig run about $550).

Additionally, two guns I looked into buying that I compared both there and at Gander were both more expensive at Gander ($40 and $30 respectively). On the other hand, when I picked up my Ruger Single Six .22 they (The Outdoorsman) had theirs priced about $40 too high and I went to see Russ at Elmore's and he just ordered me the gun for 10% over his cost.

All that to say, it (the Outdoorsman) is not my first place to buy a gun...but since I live by there and they are open on Sundays, I will drop by and see what they have. I have found that all of the places around here are hit or miss. Some may consistently have higher or lower prices but you can find deals at just about any of them if you frequent them often enough or at the right time and know what you are looking for.

I'd have to agree about pricing... Gander and The Outdoorsman may have, in general, higher prices than other area shops, but deals can be found. I've bought most of my firearms (used) from Gander. To get arount higher prices...I don't buy the higher priced items...from any store!

-J-

Top Bottom