• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I carry a public defender with PDX1 defender combo 3 410 and 2 45 colts.Its a new combo box winchester came out with ,its pricey though.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Winchester SilverTip in both my .357 and .38.

I don't know how it compares to others but it makes impressive holes when I go shooting at the junk pile. I don't see it for sale much anymore. Walmart use to carry it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    OP should now tally up everything and make a poll. [hint, hint] I'd like to see everyone's choices in graph form.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Hey everyone I was wondering what ammo do you carry in your handguns and why. I am trying to find a new one that meets FBI standards in barrier tests. I believe that I should be prepared for anything so I want something proven to work in most situations. Thanks :ingo:
    Personally I don't put a lot of thought into the whole barrier testing thing. Lets face it, how a bullet is going to perform is unpredictable. There are just too many factors to take into consideration.....clothing, body fat (or lack of), heavy bone, angle of bullet entry and even distance . I say pick a hollowpoint that will reliably feed in your particular firearm and go about your day. I carry Federal Hydra-Shok in my LCP and have no concerns.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Let's see...

Newly acquired 230 gr. Speer +P hollowpoints for duty (.45 ACP)
    Federal 165 Hydro-Shok PD ammo for the Officer's Model (.45 ACP)

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    That seems to be a fluid thing with me, but as of late I am loading up the Federal 230 grain JHP in my .45. In my 9mm I am running the Hornady 115 grain Critical Defense.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My 45 load is either Winchester 185 gr Silvertips, or Fed. 185gr hydrashocks (+P). My 9mm load is the remington 124 gr BJHP, also +P. 38 spl +P is the standard remington 125gr SJHP, and the 380 load is Fiocchi extreama XTPs.

Top Bottom