• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    In the mid-80's, I had the opportunity to shoot the H&K P7M7. It was the .45 ACP chambered version of their popular squeeze cock semi-auto pistol. As I recall, it was a nice pistol with a great trigger. I didn't get to shoot it extensively, but it functioned without any problems. Unfortunately, it never got out of the prototype stage.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am not sure what is Rare but I have fired a lot of weapons si far. I used to own a few even. I wish I could answer better but there have been a lot of them.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Not really rare but #1 on the "cool" factor list of guns I owned and shot was an original 1863 Springfield. That was back in the 70's (1970's before you start with the old cracks!:)). Traded a guy even up for an Iguana lizard named Boris.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I shot a Col. Joshua Colter Muzzle loader that's been in the family since the Revolution. After I shot it I had to get a screw made for the hammer. It broke upon firing. Everything on the old rifle was hand made.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Long ago(about 50 years) I fired a Greener Dbl rifle chambered 600 Nitro (ONE TIME,was all I wanted) on the same day ,a HOWDA PISTOL chambered in 577/450 (one time was enough of that also)---I missed two days work with a sore shoulder and swollen wrist.

My Ruger, chambered 458Win Mag.with a 450 grain bullet is mean,with a 600 grain bullet it is plain nasty.....

Now,most of my shooting with any of the "big ones"---they all have muzzle breaks------------------

tallend

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a kid I shot a Frank Wesson rifle. I think it was .38RF, but not sure. As a kid you don't take notes.:D

Some time on a ZB26 in 8mm. Rare in this country. And have shot the mighty S-18/100.

Growing up I shot the snot out of a relative's M336 in .219 Zipper. I have no idea how much money I knocked off the value by shooting it so much.:D I think those are salty now.

I have one of the first Smith & Wesson pre-17s made after WWII. I have shot some.

Also shot my Colt Police Positive in .22WRF, fairly rare.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't know about rare, but the last time I was at Tri-County DNR range in Syracuse, a guy let me shoot a magazine worth of ammo out of his FG-42

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Another I'm not sure I would consider rare, as it's a current production gun, but my younger brother has a DW V-Bob in stainless. Only rare because I don't see them in my usual LGS stops. In fact, I don't see many DW 1911's at my LGS haunts often at all. But it's a dream to shoot, smooth as glass. I want one. I want his, but he keeps close tabs on it when I visit.

There's a Valor that I keep looking at here on INGO. I really want the bobbed commander, but that Valor in full size... :drool:

That's as close to rare/exotic as I've been in my short time as a shooter.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have one of the first Smith & Wesson pre-17s made after WWII. I have shot some.

Also shot my Colt Police Positive in .22WRF, fairly rare.

Kirk,

Is your K 22 a one liner? I have one made in 1947 that has just the one line "Made in USA" on the frame (pre-war) but post war trigger and pre war hammer...The Smith collectors on the Smith forum told me it was a "transitional" Smith...Kind of scarce but it's in "shooter grade"...I heard that some even have the provision for the lanyard stirrup from frames they had made up for Victory models...

That Colt Police Positive in .22 magnum requires a pipe, a bamboo fly rod, English reel, canvas tent and a copy of Hemingway's "Big Two Hearted River" to be complete...And a Fedora hat....I know Hemingway's gun was a Colt Woodsman but that Colt of yours would have just been better....:)

Rick

Last edited:

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    I don't think it's rare but I got an opportunity many years ago to shoot a Glock 18 at a "secret" NYC Police shooting range on City Island, "secret" but everyone knew it was there. Awesome weapon but really hard to control on full auto as you can imagine but really sweet when you did double or triples. Friend of mine was a ex NYC LEO and then went to work for Glock as a sales rep so he still had access to such places. It was an experience I won't forget.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I own a Ranger 103-13, a .22 cal rifle with tubular magazine that was manufactured by Marlin for Sears in the late 1930s. Otherwise known as the Marlin Model 81, but made for/sold by Sears. It was my dad's, he used to shoot rats with it at the garbage dump with his buddies when he was in high school. I inherited it from him. Has an adjustable micrometer peep sight. Not an expensive rifle, but very accurate.

I also have Marlin Model 80. Basically the same rifle as the Model 81, manufactured in the same era, but with a detachable magazine instead of tubular.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...e=univ&ei=gkruVLeiIsL2yQTQtYGADw&ved=0CB4QsAQ

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My dad left me a BSA International Martini Mk2 22lr w/ a Unertal scope -also has the Parker Hale target sights - havent seen very many of them - can split playing cards at 30yds repeatably - I love that gun - a little heavy but incredibly accurate - will be my grandsons someday

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My dad's ancient octagonal barrel Stevens single shot break action chambered in .32 rimfire.
    Not that they're particularly rare, but somewhat unusual to see at your average gun range, but the first .44 Magnum I ever fired was a Desert Eagle, and I got to shoot a whole cylinder full out of a nice chap's Smith & Wesson model 500 several years ago.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    1873 Trapdoor Springfield in .45-701930's S&W .38/44 OutdoorsmanWWII M1a1 ThompsonWWII Luger, Broomhandle Mauser, P-38black powder Sharps .45 breech loader that used rolled paper cartridges and capsWWI M1911 .45 acp made in 19171920's S&W M&P in .32-20Colt 1877 Thunderer 3" (no ejector) in .41 Long ColtKorean war M2 .30 CarbineMac 9 .380Mac 10 9mmMac 11 .45acpArasaka 7.7mm1920's H&R Handygun in .410 pistolUzi, MP5, M16

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Rarest gun I have shot is a semi automatic and bolt action Walther 22 caliber model 1 rifle. I shot it at the 22 shoot in friendship and a lot of the high dollar anschutz guys went gaga over it. It was made prewar and is almost perfect shape. It shoots standard velocity 22 better than anybody behind the gun. It is a marvel of German engineering.

Top Bottom