• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A suppressed pistol for a home defense gun is a nice idea if you can afford it. Depending on the situation, a shotgun might be better. When it comes to accessorizing your gun, you need to learn the basics like shooting the gun, reloading, etc. THEN tack on what you feel is necessary

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well one of the things I don't like about the Magpul is their BUIS. A bit poor for me when I tried them. I've got Troy sights on my AR. I really like the grip but my AR has a monolithic rail so it isn't like I can swap it out for the MOE handguard. The stock is nice when I tried it on and I do use Pmags though I am wondering if I really need the AFG other than "it looks cool". It does help with holding the rifle when I first got it, but lately the C clamping style with my AR kinda makes having the AFG a bit pointless.

Muzzle devices are for the situation. The BC muzzle break I got because I saw Travis Haley getting on is pretty nice.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    So my G19 with the threaded barrel is overkill? Being that I have only the LW threaded barrel that came with it, and a suppressor to use with it, this article also states "if you never intend to add a suppressor".

My G19 is my EDC, I guess I should just get rid of my threaded barrel... </pink>

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    S%26WPerfCenter629Custom_XXX.jpg

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    in the automotive world people that do this kind of stuff to their cars are called ricers....what do you call people that do this to their guns?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I agree with ALMOST all of that article...

These are mine & sit proudly on my Sig 1911-22 in FDE. Made by Mike and Garry at West Virginia Wood Arts.

After trying out the pattern, I have a different set being made for my EDC(s) that don't include the "Zombie" theme. Middle of August with sweat running down everywhere, these grips were used on one of my EDC 1911s at FNS and it didn't budge in my soaking wet hands. SOLD! :rockwoot:

zombie_killer_grips.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    These are mine & sit proudly on my Sig 1911-22 in FDE. Made by Mike and Garry at West Virginia Wood Arts.

After trying out the pattern, I have a different set being made for my EDC(s) that don't include the "Zombie" theme. Middle of August with sweat running down everywhere, these grips were used on one of my EDC 1911s at FNS and it didn't budge in my soaking wet hands. SOLD! :rockwoot:

zombie_killer_grips.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm not one who makes most of my guns into toys. All but 1 of my guns follow the "rules" on this page....but I just broke 2 of them today :D

I have wood grips for it too. I know it's cheesy.

63924_10100531292048544_340685767_n.jpg

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    LMAO, If my glock were "accessorized" like the one in the picture I'd have to practice pulling it from a purse.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    10. Every single one of the newest, most "buzzworthy" optics/accessories because a $150 red dot is not good enough and will never make the cut in your very intense mall ninja lifestyle. Once again, buy what you actually need, and use the rest of the money to become proficient with it. Then upgrade when you can outshoot your equipment. It probably won't ever happen...

:yesway: This x 1000...

Though, around here the love for $500-$1000 red dots runs deep. I laugh every time I see a Trijicon SRS or ACOG mounted or mentioned on these forums. Must be some serious operators around here. Hell, even an Aimpoint is overkill IMHO... what a waste of money! I'll upgrade my Primary Arms or Vortex red dots when they start holding me back.

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    Range ninjas is the new term for these kinds of people. LOL They try to impress by not aiming and shooting too fast. Just plain being stupid.

Top Bottom