• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Armed-N-Ready, how do you like the 709 Slim? I would like to purchase one, but the prices jumped up out of my range before I could act. Still interested in how it has performed for you.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I carry my Taurus pt111 9mm most of the time, but to change it up or if the situation requires it I will strap on my Taurus 627 .357, Walther p99 .40 cal, and I always back up with my lcp.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Since you are remarking about budget I'm going to assume that you want one gun for year around carry? Admitedly it is winter and we can carry a 500 S&W now but think summer when the layers of clothes come off. Unless you are into fanny p-acks the carry selection gets smaller. Make a choice that fits your lifestyle... not what is supposed to be the best 5,000 round laser sighted, heat seeking, tripple barreled, double automatic, marksman in a box with bad guy vaporizing bullets.

A 25 ACP (I would never own one) in your pocket is better than the best 45 ACP that you left at home because it was too much to carry. From there you have to decide what gun you can place shots with consistantly...

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    If $500 is your budget, buy 2 CZ-82's from Aim. Carry one, Put the other under your pillow.

They are made to take a hell of a beating, have great accuracy and 9X18 ammo is cheap to shoot. They also have an interesting history and add a little flavor to a plain jane carry gun.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Carry a Glock 27 90% of the time in a IWB or a Desantis pocket holster. But also have been know to carry - Kel-Tec p11, Colt Delta Elite, Taurus pt111 9mm, Colt Python and of course other Glocks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I recently bought a RIA 1911 Compact 3" and now that it's had a couple hundred rounds through it, carry it daily. I do still carry the Bersa 9UC too, but not at the same time.

Top Bottom