NWI
    BFG9000inaction-HellRevelead-map32.png

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    When in Indianopils, my XDM 3.8 , .9mm. 19 + 1 chambered. One extra 19 round magazine. Accuracy by volume! Ha!

Spraying and praying from bad guys is my worst senecio there.

The wife and I wear P238's the rest of the time with extra magazines.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've recently put away my trusted Springfield Armory Champion for an XD9 4-INCH & M&P 9mm 4.25... I cut my teeth on a 1911 45, but with stupidity on the rise, I've begun placing a higher priority on quantity. I will still take my 1911 out to the range & keep proficient, but I expect that polymer will be my EDC for the foreseeable future.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I carry a Taurus 738 TCP. Really like the size and studies prove that it carries a good punch.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Nothing wrong with glocks, they work but may not be a fit for everyone. I got rid of my glocks for that reason. Of all the different handguns I have shot glocks are the worst. They just don't fit my hand well

Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I carry anything but a Glock. I am not knocking Glocks as being inferior or bad guns. I know a lot of people love them. I just don't like the way they feel in my hands, and I think their field strip method is just plain stupid. You should never have to rack the slide and pull the trigger to field strip a gun. Anyway, I digress. I have carried the XD9 and the XD45 and love them both. The new XDM9 has 19+1 capacity if you want big numbers of bullets. However, I have always loved the stopping power of 45ACP, and it remains my preferred carry. I have carried the ATI FX Titan 1911 subcompact, and it was okay, but a bit too small. The Rock Island Armory 1911 in the Commander series is great. Of course, I have Kimber, Para, Springfield, SIG, etc. but those will not be in your $500 price range. When the day is done, however, no advice here will do you much good. You need to go out and do some shooting with a variety of guns and find a favorite, and then carry that gun. Rent them, or go shooting with friends and try out their guns. Either way, get some real-life shooting in at the range with a variety, and you will know the right gun when you find it... good luck, brother!

Top Bottom