• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    What's wrong with Judo? :D My preference is Jiu Jitsu along with Judo. They complement eachother rather well IMO. Also, a lesser-known form is Jute-Keen-Do. Off the top of my head, not sure what gym instructs in this form, but IMO it's an excellent form.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What's wrong with Judo? :D My preference is Jiu Jitsu along with Judo. They complement eachother rather well IMO. Also, a lesser-known form is Jute-Keen-Do. Off the top of my head, not sure what gym instructs in this form, but IMO it's an excellent form.

i love judo. probbly my 2nd favorite form. i know of a guy who teaches jute-keen-do in centerville. about a year ago we have a instructor as a member here but i cant remember his name but he was from indy

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    What's wrong with Judo? :D My preference is Jiu Jitsu along with Judo.

There is nothing wrong with Judo as a sport, because that is what Judo was designed for by Jigoro Kano. Although Judo came from jujitsu, Sensei Kano converted jujitsu into Judo. The older form being more for combat.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    drunkenmastercover.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My only martial arts experience is a few months of "crash course" training with some karate instructors. For a workout though, I've heard tae-kwan-do is pretty exhausting. For any reason other than getting active again, I refer you all to HandK's sig line. :D

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've done some private courses with Nick Pollaro. (Wish I had time to actually go to his classes) He teaches JKD, BJJ, and to top it he teaches classes at ILEA.

Pretty cool guy. Like I said did a few private courses and he gave me the ground work for defense (Even did a few "crash courses" on disarming a guy w/ gun and handcuffing). Hopefully when my son starts school I can find time to go to his classes.

Can't tell you how his actual classes run but he's a good instructor solo.

Pollaro?s martial arts

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    After watching a segment on black belt tv about Krav Maga ,It seems to emphasize more on actual situations that could occur in the real world . If it was offered in my area that is what I would be taking classes in (Boards..dont hit back-Bruce Lee)

Top Bottom